Brian has been known on occasion, to get a teeny bit annoyed with me.
I know this fact is shocking. I know it is difficult to wrap your brain around. You very well may loose sleep over this revelation, but...
it's true.
One thing Brian gets annoyed with is the fact that I let the kids use our camera.
It's not that it's nice by any means, but it's all we've got and my kids do have a poor track record for keeping things in tact and in working order.
So, he does have a point.
But I still rarely heed his advice on this.
Why you ask? (I know you didn't but go with me on this one...)
Because I love seeing the world through their eyes. I love to see what they capture on the lens. The pictures are by no means award winning shots, but they are life.
They are all the little things that I love.
They are all the precious unimportant things:
Like Hailey capturing her dad giving them what he calls the "daily dose" at breakfast. (a thought and scripture to start the day).

Or Caleb shooting his "house" that he worked on tirelessly with his dad while mom worked on homework with the other kids. Something I would have missed had he not taken the photographic evidence:

It's Caleb taking a picture of the things that matter most in this world:
(things that are always discarded somewhere on the floor and I am always stepping over and cursing.)It's Hailey shooting Jonas holding Porter. Always holding Porter.
It makes me see his goofy side. but it make me look deeper and see the love he has for his baby brother. The tender heart he has. The generous nature he possesses.it's someone (I don't know who) capturing all we had in our food storage room for the first few weeks:
Hey don't judge me... they were 78 cents! And please don't bring up my post about giving the stuff up. I am not into public announcements of my failures.It's in all the kids snapping away at all different angles at their favorite toy:
In the last 6 weeks I have taken literally no shots of this little guy. I would have no documentation of him whatsoever if it weren't for my kids. and blurry documentation is better than no documentation. That's what I always say.It's some random child capturing childhood in a perfect light like this:
it makes me think how someday, I will open the back door and I won't see things like this anymore. It makes me warm and happy to know I see it now.and it's Caleb, capturing Saturday morning breakfast.

it's the little things that are so important, but that I won't remember 15 years from now. But thanks to my kids and their camera addiction, I get all this documented right under my nose, while I am attending to my other duties. (I threw that in there so it makes cooking and doing the dishes sound REALLY important. It worked, right?)
So now you see why I ignore Brian.
And some day he will too.
8 comments:
Did you know that they make "kids" cameras?? They cost just as much as a real one so I don't know why they are in the toy isles. But I agree with you and think its way cute and a good memory to see what your kids capture... and they're pretty good at it too.
you are so right. i can't imagine life without a camera! it quiets my fear of knowing that even though my memory fades the images are captured somewhere on paper to remind me. i love seeing pics of you living the life you have missed all these years. i can see the excitement even in the kids by the pictures they take. life is good.
thank heavens for you kids...... i would have never see what your new kitchen looks like.... you have done FAB on the plates. way to go i love them!!!!!!!!! ummmmm i love to see your new baby that is not so new anymore. can i say he is freaking adorable!!! oh, btw i wish i had those things in my food storage!!! have missed you
a lot!!!!
xoxo
p.s. i cnt spel!! ;)
I loved this! It's so fun to see the world through a child's eye.
I so agree with you. Although I would flush my child down the toilet if she ever touched my camera. But that's why she has her own. She loves taking pictures. I loved seeing these pictures your kids took... SO cute.
when I saw your title and that you were talking about Bri, I thought you were going to mention his love of taking trash (sometimes from off the street) and making it his own treasure. He kinda has a gift for this. And YOU have a gift for making those photos into treasures. I love that!
Where did you move to? You need to post about your new house and such...please. I like to live vicariously through other people who are enjoying living on their own like adults. Someday we will bask in the goodness of having somewhere to call our own...until them it is grandmas for us!
Post a Comment