It all started because I left the dinner dishes undone. I hate it when I do that. I was in a rush that night to move on to other things so I put them off.
Then it took forever to get the kids in bed.
Then there were meal plans to make and carbs to add and bills to pay and a husband to talk to.
Then Conan came on. And everybody knows Conan comes before dishes.
Then I fell asleep. Right there on the couch like a tired idiot.
When I woke up and made the trek upstairs I passed the kitchen and made the decision to leave it until the morning.
Only tomorrow brings breakfast for and it's dishes.
And lunch packing and the mess it leaves.
Then there is (hopefully) a shower and dressing small children and running errands and preschool.
When caleb and I got home he announced he would like chocolate milk. I went into the kitchen with the intentions of getting that chocolate milk.
But I forgot.
Because their were dishes in the sink,
Cereal boxes to be put away,
Counters to be wiped,
Little milk rings on the table left from cereal bowls,
a floor to be swept....
I set to work.
A while later, Caleb came in. He sighed and tugged on my shirt until I crouched down to his level.
He said with disappointment heavy in his tone,
"Mom, something is stuck in your brain."
Then, speaking slowly as if communicating with an elderly woman who is half deaf,
"I. Wanted. Chocolate. Milk."
I unstuck my brain, got him his milk, and smiled. I am so thankful for a little 4 year old that keeps me in line EVERY SINGLE DAY.
4 comments:
Oh, I need Caleb to come over to my house and make me laugh. Some days life just gets so boring over here. And if it's not boring, then usually it's dramatic. I'm totally jealous that you have someone to keep you laughing!
he bring such light & spunk in your life. it truly is the little things. my 3 three old this morning goes to get something from the car & spills my diet coke everywhere in the front of my car...... like i said it's the littel things!!!;)
Hahahahahaha!!
Where does he come up with this stuff. I LOVE it.
Chocolate milk is Hayden's favorite thing and he is always asking me for it, and I often forget. This made me laugh SO hard.
i wish i could tell my boss that! maybe i will try it sometime...see how it works out for me.
Post a Comment