Thirteen years ago today, I made a decision. I walked into the biggest commitment of my life.
Marriage.
I was a baby. Just barely 20.
I don't know how that baby made such a wise decision.
I thank her for it all the time.
Here I am, thirteen years and almost 5 children later,
and I know.
I know it was the most rewarding decision I have ever made.
I thought I knew thirteen years ago. I was sure I knew everything about that man. I thought I knew how great of a father, how great of a husband, how great of a friend he would be to me and to our future children.
I had no idea.
Most of life doesn't turn out the way we plan. Most of the time that hurts until it doesn't.
But being married to Brian has turned out so much better than I ever planned.
All our dreams haven't come true.
We aren't rich.
We don't have it easy.
We don't live a fairy tale romance.
But we still dream together.
We laugh together...
and at each other.
We band together through the hard stuff.
We are still best friends.
And even though I desperately want to kick him out of bed for snoring, I have yet to do so. Even in my current 9 month pregnant, sleep deprived state.
We are still in this life together.
And every day I am grateful for that.
Except for those days I'm not.
But those days are few and far between.
And the Xbox is usually involved.
You know how it is.
3 comments:
i just had this feeling like maybe you blogged. we are connected. i love the example you two are to me. happy anniversary. celebrate big. you know, with like redbox and milky ways or something.
love you!
-me
I love this. Seriously. You two are so lucky to have each other. What a great example to your kids, too. Although you probably shouldn't let them watch you guys... you know. Because that's not such a good example.
Love both of you so much!!!! Happy lucky 13!!!!!
Post a Comment