Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 the ups and the downs

2008 was the year...
I started with a small list of goals:
1. take a picture a day for 365 days.
2. loose weight.
3. organize junk drawers.
4. study gospel manuals.

2008 was the year...
I ended with
1. an unfinished photo project.
2. weight gain.
3. junk drawers still full of junk.
4. gospel manual studies collecting dust.

the moral: new years resolutions are not my thing.

the upside of 2008:

- a daughter realizing her dream of starting kindergarten.
- a son getting baptized
- a husband graduating college.
- a little boy graduating to a toddler bed and converting to the English language (as opposed to his native tongue of Calebese)
- a mom discovering the Internet and her love of blogging
- a family of 5 evening things out by starting to become a family of six
(gender yet to be determined)

2008 was a pretty good year... vomit, fatness, insane college courses, and all.
But I am willing to bet that 2009 is going to be even better.

7 comments:

Jen said...

2008 WAS a great year for the Swanson's! So much accomplished and happening, isn't it amazing?! We're excited to find out gender soon :)

Sarah said...

Can't. wait. until. Thursday!!!!

Rachelle said...

Happy New Year!!

6deans said...

Loved your post. Happy New Year...I also don't believe in resolutions.

briana said...

ready or not here comes 2009! and i am all about setting goals, just not on the 1st of anything or on mondays! hope you are doing well.

Ashley Rae said...

I know- I hate new years resolutions because i just disappoint myself. I'm trying to get a list together right now. We'll see what I come up with. I like this post.

Heidi P said...

Yay for the new year! And yay for the great accomplishments. A healthy baby is more important than our size....Just keep remembering that!! :)
Ahh the sacrifices...