Wednesday, May 27, 2009

i will survive

Let me just say this. If you ever hear someone say, "After three kids, it doesn't matter how many you have. It's all the same" ... DO NOT BELIEVE THEM.

I fell off the face of the blogging universe for a while so i could deal with a few things.

Things like :

Jaundice, bilirubin counts, and photo therapy lights. (Which as of this morning he is thankfully finished with.)

An infected circumcision for Porter. (lovely)

A urinary tract infection for me. (Thanks to the four catheters I got to enjoy while in the hospital)

Children that want to be just a TAD too helpful. (can we say overwhelming?)

A very sick three year old which is also synonymous with the CRANKIEST three year old ON THE PLANET.

Children that feel that summer should begin early and want to stay up until midnight.

Finding the right kind of pacifier that this little baby will take. (this is vital to my well being.)

Little to no sleep.... which of course was to be expected.

My point? Man, change is always hard, but SERIOUSLY newborn change is the hardest. I think it is made more complex due to crazy hormones that cause me to cry at the drop of the hat, or with each minor hiccup in the day. (any of you that know me, know this is highly irregular behavior)

But people have been so good.

There have been dinners.
There were many thoughtful gifts.
Endless well wishes via facebook.
There have been sister in laws that take my children so I can sleep a few consecutive hours.
The weather that has been so perfect for banishing my loud children to outside play.
A husband who has been BBQ ing every meal so I don't have to cook.
And wonderful summer shows to obsess over (please tell me you watch So You Think You Can Dance).

So I am back. I am just typing a little slower due to the bundle in my arms, but I am here nonetheless.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy to have you back!!

... and next posts needs some more pics of cute lil Porter, right?!

Heather said...

i'm happy & my mom is too!! thanks for your friendship....
everyone needs a friend like you.

xo

briana said...

so sorry to hear that. i hope you are feeling back to your "normal" self very soon. what is normal you ask?

good question.

but i think blogging is a good start! ;)

Ashley Rae said...

Newborns are at the top of my list of things that cause emotional stress. But they're also at the top for the most amazing things in the world :)

Congrats. More pics of porter.