I am still here. In my comfortable house, within walking, er, i mean waddling distance, to my comfortable bed.
But my brain, my heartburn, and my bladder teamed up to keep me away from said bed most of the night anyway.
I am tired and bummed.
It is so weird to say, but I wish I were in a place like this, doing something like this:
trying not to vomit into a pea sized pink bowl.
Lovely picture, I know, and you are very welcome for it.
much to my disappointment, those women who go into labor by themselves blasted me again and I have to wait ONE. DAY. MORE.
A one day delay when you were so close.....
feels a little like :
A good smack in the face.
Camping in the rain.
Totally getting uninvited to a party. Better yet, Prom.
Stopping to smell the roses, only to get stung by a bee.
Racing home to watch American idol just to find out it never recorded.
Do I sound sufficiently bummed?
Because I am.
But I won't be for long, because come tomorrow morning, I will be vomiting in the hospital,
right where I belong.

5 comments:
Can't wait :)
Man, I can't believe you got bumped just because some other women went into Labor on their own.
I mean, gosh, didn't they know you were first on the list??
First!
I don't think their names were even ON the list now were they?? :)
So much for the list.
I am WAY BUMMED for you.
... keep me posted about tomorrow.
xo. i think i was more bummed than you ;)
i can't wait to text you all day tomorrow to find out the updates!! j/k but really you better text me when porter is born!!
love you lots and please don't go natural!! :)
i am so excited for so many reasons! lets get this party started!
Hang in there!
I loved your list of analogies, by the way.
Post a Comment