
We haven't had a home of our own in a long time. Four years to be precise. We really missed it. We loved our old home and my in laws home (in which we spent the last 4 years), but we have never had a home we love so much as you.
I think the best way to appreciate something is to not have it. FOR A LONG TIME. To crave it, and even cry for it a little. Then when you get it, it doesn't matter what it looks like, it is just thrilling.
So, dear house, we like you.
You are neat. You remind me of the 80's.
(See cabinetry.)

You are quirky.
(see laundry in the garage.)

You overcompensate.
(See 2nd kitchen in the basement.)

You have LOADS of fancy upgrades.
(See outdoor thermometer.)
(AND see STAINLESS STEEL pencil sharpener.)
You have lots of "potential".
(See pretty much everything in the house.)
So to sum it all up House, we love you.
Not for what you are,
but for what we are when we are within you...
a family.
6 comments:
Wow. I think we have the same house. Ok, maybe not. Because that would mean our families resided together and that is obviously not the case. But the quirkiness and 80's-ness of it all is totally how I'd describe my house. Except I would love a downstairs kitchen.
Congrats on the new place. And I love the pencil sharpener. It reminds me of the days before mechanical pencils.
come on that is all we get to see...................... lovin it so far!!!! love the 2nd kitchen!
dear mel's house,
i will be over shortly to break you in properly with black drink and cheesy goodness with my buddy jeff probst.
signed,
the other bri
Hey I love that wreath on your door....so chic!
Can't wait to see your home in person.
Can I buy your pencil sharpener?
Thanks for posting about the house. I love the pencil sharpener. We are always looking for one are our house. Good idea!
Post a Comment