Thursday, November 5, 2009

[insert giant exhausted sigh here]

Today was a long day.


First there was the 1.5 hours of sleep.
Total.
There was the sick and crying baby.
There was a sick mom.
There was a three year old. (need I say more?)
There was getting the kids off 30 minutes early to school. (no small feat).
There was forgetting to make the lunches.
There was a three year old.
There was a flood.
There was thankfully a skilled husband to jump on the cleaning and drying of said flood.
SIDE NOTE: little do you know that the drying system used by mitigation experts is also an in house sauna! seriously 99 degrees in my home. No joke. And also this sauna just so happens to be louder than a Kiss concert! So fun!
There was more sickness.
There was a three year old.
There were no naps.
There were children on sugar highs.

So at 7:50 tonight, I told the husband I was off to the store for medicine and Dr. Pepper.

And that I was taking the LONG way home.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, so sad! I'm crying for you Mel. Here's to a better day today! I hope you get feeling better.

Heather said...

i'm so sooooorry. we have been sick here too. i feel your pain. i don't have a three year old+baby but i get it.
love you. hope you are feeling better!!!!

xoxo

briana said...

see how you are? you didn't even call me. i would've driven to share a dp and cheese fries. serious. it would've taken me an hour to get there . . . but it would have been worth it! hope today is better. do you know where your cell phone is? hmmmm?

love ya!

Sarah said...

I feel tired just from reading that. Gosh, what a day.
Is it sad that I have to take the long way home some nights too?
You are super mom. And can handle EVERYTHING! But I hope today goes much better for you :)

Ashley Rae said...

Three year old. Holy crap. You could have just said THAT and I would have sypmathized. Wow.

Glad you got your prescription filled by Dr. P.

Merilee said...

Oh man. I feel so bad! We just went through the sickness NO sleep thing, but I don't have as much on my plate as you, so I can only imagine!
Our basement flooded last month and I agree about the stupid fans. It does make it SUPER hot.
Hope everything calms down for you and that you all feel better quickly!

Danielle said...

I am sorry about your bad day. Those machines are really loud...that stinks!