Sunday, February 14, 2010

too young

Lately we have been listening to a lot of complaining from Jonas. About cell phones. He is the only one of his friends that is cell phone deficient. So therefore he can never know true happiness unless he can text:
"dude r u at skool?" to his friends every morning.

We obviously are saying that 9 years old is about 9 years too young to own a cell phone.

Then obviously we hear that we are like, ruining his life.

This shall pass...

in like 9 years.

But this leads me to my point:
Are we training our kids too young to be addicted to technology? I mean, if kids don't have their cell phones now a days, they become like junkies without their fix.

And I for one will not stand for it.

I mean, in this house we do not encourage such behavior.

Instead we encourage more enriching and rewarding habits that will serve them better in their future.







Hey, I didn't say we were successful.

7 comments:

Heather said...

i'm having a hard time breathing right now cause i'm laughing sooooooo hard at caleb...so classic. so is jonas getting a cell phone in April??? i know you will give in!!! ;)

Merilee said...

hahahahahahah!!
and I love your header picture. :)

briana said...

playing games is one thing. texting and internet is another. if you say no, don't worry. i am officially the meanest mother on the face of the earth because i have a 13 1/2 year old with no cell phone.

6deans said...

Love the picture. Jake is 11 and he thinks he is so picked on because he doesn't have a cell phone. Rachel got hers when she turned 13 which I wasn't sure about. Now that she has one I love it so I can keep track of her. She isn't a big texter though so I think it depends on the kid. We told our kids that when they are a teenager they can get one. Good luck with the begging and being the MEANEST mom :)

Ashley Rae said...

Hahahahaha. LOVE it. I am so scared for our future with our little diva. Ugh. I'm screwed.

Lindsey from The R House said...

hahah! i have a very similar photo going up on my blog in the next few days. lol!

Amanda said...

no cell phone! You are a true M.O.M. (Mean ole mother!)
None of my kids have cell phones.....but since we have no land lines at our house, there is a third cell phone for ALL the kids to use as they would a regular phone.
I enjoy your humor.