Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Best Laid plans

I had big plans for this week. Really cool big plans. They involved following Ali Edwards’ footsteps and photographing a week in the life of my family. It was going to be so fun. I started Sunday. I kept forgetting I was doing it, and I kept missing cool photo opportunities, but I will still happy with all the pictures…

Here was my Sunday:


Wake up. Early. Well, early for a Sunday anyway. Find myself strangely excited that we are all well enough to go to church and that no one has any talks or lessons to give and no meetings to attend.
Realize its time to change this boy's diaper:



Chase that boy in order to change his diaper.



Get this other handsome boy dressed.



Marvel at this four year old boy who can make anyone laugh. Wonder where he came from.

Pack the church bag.



Let Brian handle the tie tying.



Suddenly hear the dreaded sound of someone throwing up.
Realize that I won’t be attending church today.



By the time church is out, Hailey then enjoys a miraculous recovery feels much better, eats and is ready to party. We then have reading time in the Library.




And by “we” I mean Jonas and Hailey. I end up wrestling this kid:



Head to the monthly Swanson family dinner. Eat, drink, and act merry.




Go home. Get the kids ready for bed. Draw up the bedtime shot.




Hear pained cries from the other room. Find Caleb in mortal peril from a life threatening wound:




Listen in on the bedtime story from Dad.




Then walk pass a certain child’s room and wonder how I missed the sound of his room exploding. Stuff is EVERYWHERE. Decide it would serve that unnamed child right to take a photo of it and smear him, I mean, them all over the internet. Begin snapping away, when the unnamed child protests and KNOCKS THE CAMERA OUT OF MAY HANDS.
The camera falls. It takes one last picture.




And DIES.

I go to bed, wondering when I the money tree will grow enough of those bills to get me a new camera.

The End.

There you have it. A day in the life of me. laughs, surprises, bumps, little things, happy things, and all.

Just in case you are wondering, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It just looks like this blog will now be picture free for an undetermined amount of time.
After looking at this post, you are probably thinking this is a good thing.

5 comments:

Jen said...

What a day! We're glad you got to come eat, drink, and act merry with us at least :) And what a nice shot you got of my pregnant belly!

Ashley Rae said...

Ok, this post is the best post I've read anywhere in a while. A day in the life of Mel. Awesome. Sorry about your camera. That sucks way bad.

Heather said...

ditto to what ashley said.... i just love reading your blog. it makes me feel like i have such a boring one!!! i'm glad you were able to eat, drink , & be merry wth me on saturday!!! can't wait to see you thurs. muauahhh! :)

xoxo.

briana said...

so i thought about doing this, before ali edwards cause you know how brilliant i am...true story. i love the idea.

as far as the camera goes, you can do what i do...all the pics on my blog now come from my stinkin cell phone. AGH! i hate it, but at least there's something.

Macdonalds said...

No camera is the worst! That was a great post. I may need to copy the idea one of these days.