Every summer, the first thing on Jonas' list is a buzz. you see, Jonas hates hair. It requires too much work than he is frankly willing to do. I however, enjoy him with hair. So we worked out a compromise. Hair all school year long, buzz all summer long. So I was not surprised when Jonas got the hair cutting equipment out for his dad the day school got out.
Caleb decided it was time for his first buzz. I was saddened by this. I love Caleb with hair. But, in keeping with my goal of achieving the mother of the year award, I kept my mouth closed and let him go ahead and shave it all off.
Turns out, in Caleb Land when you receive a drastic hair cut, you receive a new identity. With the loss of his hair, we were forced to mourn the loss of Caleb. We now have welcomed Buzz into our family. Buzz constantly reminds us, he is not Caleb. Buzz is not a fan of clothes, and rules, and well, anything his parents tell him to do. Buzz is really kind of a punk, but we love unconditionally around here, so we will make due.
This morning, Buzz/Caleb was cute and cuddly with me in the rocking chair. I thought I would take the opportunity to talk with him about Caleb possibly coming back to our midst. Buzz not so politely, refused. I asked Caleb why being Buzz is so much better.
His reply?
"Because Buzz doesn't have a mother."
And that my friends, is when you know you are doing something right.
5 comments:
Oh Mel! My boys are anxious for buzz cuts too-I am with you, I like the hair...I think that is why they jerk their heads around when I'm almost done cutting it to force me to go shorter:)
You know, there are times I have wanted to buzz Kennedy's hair, because she refuses to let me do it. I nearly have to tie her down to a chair for her to let me brush it. Count your blessings.
And at least Buzz is cool.
i think i have a "buzz" in my house too... & he loves woody & bullseye. ;) i just love that kid. you should see Garrett's bed at night. tell Buzz to come on over. they could be best buds!!! :)
Kids say the funniest things. I am still laughing over this. I really think changing your hair changes your personality. I died mine red when I graduated, and it made me a little crazy.
i wonder where he gets it? oh wait, you already told us! i
t's all about the compromise right?
when it comes buzz cuts at our house...i'm screwed seems brady bics his head!
Post a Comment