I had my smallest baby. 8 little pounds and 9 teeny ounces.
I gained a daughter.
I spent that day studying her, as I did every day for the next few weeks.
I wrote this down in my journal:
You have my hair.

May you let it down more than I did.
You have my eyes.

May you always see yourself the way I see you.
You have my hands.
May you accomplish all you dream with them.
You have my feet.

May you always walk on solid ground.
You have my ears.

May you only hear the good things people say about you.
You have your own thoughts.
May you always share them with me.
You have your own heart.
May you always keep mine close to yours.
Eight years later as I re-read that I said,
"Amen."


8 comments:
8... what???? she can't be. well i guess she can cause i will too in August. oh, how i love her. she is you through & through. BFF & eternity.
Happy Birthday Hailey!!!!!!
xoxo
i mean i will have an 8 year old in aug. too!!! ;)
Wow! 8 years old! I totally remember her still as a little girl. She is growing up so quick.
Happy Birthday Hailey!
And I agree, she really does look a lot like her mommy.
perfect! you have such a way with words. Wow. 8 is a big year. they grow so fast!!
It really doesn't seem like it's been 8 years. Wow it's gone by so quickly. I hope she had a great day!
Beautiful. Seriously beautiful.
Happy Birthday to her - she looks like such a doll! Visiting from mormon mommy blogs :)
see, i can't even comment. can't we just go back to play dates with the boys. pizza and the black drink during survivor for us. matching outfits and bows for the girls...
dude i would even get up for the gym...
if only.
but i realize that they must grow up. and yours are doing it beautifully.
Post a Comment