And we miss you.
I missed you on our family vacation to Bear Lake.
I missed you while I packed the car,

Cause that job sucks.
And I missed while I drove. (I don't do maps, but I am a phenominal follower.)
I missed you when I saw what Caleb packed from home, and wanted to laugh about it with you.

(Caleb packed his baby scrapbook and an easel to display it so it would "feel like home")
I missed you when I saw the view from the deck, knowing how much you would have loved it.

No offense, but I don't think the kids missed you all that much.
Not when there were rooms like these:
And cousins like these:
and big brothers to tickle you like this:
And games like these:
and multiple slides like these:
And nooks and crannies like these:
I think they had a hard time thinking about anything other than the fun they were having, and believe me, they had a lot of that.
If it's any consolation, on the drive home, we discussed it,
and we have all decided to take you back there,
out of the goodness of our hearts.






3 comments:
OHMGSH.. Melaaaaaaaaaanie. i have been thinking so much about you. i can't believe he still is not home. i am so sorry. we need a much needed girls night. C. is the cutest i loved that he took his little book! Seriously how fun is that big gym?!?!? the trip looked so fun. i hope you got just a little break... just a little.
we need to talk!
xoxo.
You know, if my husband had to go away for a while, my first thought would be "woo hoo!! Freedom!!". And that would last for a few days. And then "Ok, this is kind of nice being able to watch whatever show I want and also nice that I don't have to clean up after him" And that would last a week. Then it would go downhill from there, ending with "WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU COMING HOME!?"
Anyway, that cabin in Bear Lake looks like a slice of heaven. Holy cow. I'm trying to not be jealous, but it's not working.
what a shack of a house. my kids would have been bored out of their minds! good thing caleb did remember that baby book so he wasn't bored. my little thinker!
SERIOUSLY! looks like heaven on earth. you deserved the break away. there was only two major problems with that trip bri nor i were there.
not sure how you saw it, but that is my two cents.
Post a Comment