This week and this weekend Brian has been and will be at a work conference thingy in lovely Arizona. So, the kids and I are on our own.
There are a few downsides to having Brian gone:1. I feel very creepy and strange laughing out loud to the Office all by myself.
2. The kids expect party central 24-7.
3. No one has a worse day than me to make me feel much better than my little situation.
4. No one comes home at night to relay funny daily mishaps like his headlight randomly flying off on the freeway then his car conveniently overheating on his way to a midterm.
But it's not all bad... There is a bright side; like:
1. No cooking for me! This is especially appreciated right now as I am in the middle of the every-smell-makes-me-vomit stage in my pregnancy.
2. A smaller, much quieter bed buddy. (i.e. Hailey doesn't snore near as loud)
3. Seeing how much the kids miss him.
4. Getting the chance to leave him really dorky messages on his cell in the hopes that he will listen to them and laugh out loud at a really inappropriate time.
5. Knowing he's getting a vacation from a sick and complaining wife!!
But with all that said, we can't wait until Sunday!
13 comments:
Aww..good luck this weekend! YAY to no cooking!!! :)
I know you guys miss him, but we're happy for it. We can't wait to see him tomorrow.... even if it's only for a few hours. :)
Seriously- my husband thinks he has it bad with 16 credit hours and working 24 hrs a week. He's such a baby. ;)
I'm sorry he's gone for a while and that you have to fly solo... good luck with the kids. That's gotta be tough being having kids inside and out at the same time.
i am only going to remind you once that tomorrow was OUR day. (so good thing we got together tonight!) i am only kidding, however, just know that i am taking a rain check boo. oct
25th was on YOUR list! no freebie saturday giveaways coming from me. (even if i have to wait until graduation!) =) luv ya.
enjoy the no making dinners while you can!:)
we will talk soon! :)
Hey, how come I didn't know he was gone? I guess I knew he was going to be in AZ, but it crept up on me! How fun he'll get to see Sar, but sorry for you guys...I guess it IS a plus to leave those dorky messages, though - that made me crack up!
That stinks he's gone for so long. I guess it could be longer though, but still, and especially when you don't feel well. WE need to get together. Hope you're doing okay.
So sorry! I hope he left you with a good supply of dr. pepper.
I laugh out loud at Office episodes by myself, it is pretty awkward/creepy.
Yay for no dinners, and hopefully December will be here soon.
I agree it is nice not to have too cook when husbands are out of town...but wasn't it sooo nice to have him come home...that is when it is all worth it because absence does make the heart grow fonder!!!
I'm sorry he's gone... and I hope it goes by quickly. Especially with you feeling so crappy. I hope that goes by quickly, too. :0(
Hey Mel... Our blog BOOS your blog! Come by and pick up your BOO sign!
Hey, I too was a lone rider this past weekend while my husband was in Montana on a fishing trip. I felt like a total dork, sitting on our bed all by myself, watching the Office and feeling almost unworthy to laugh outloud without Jordan by my side!...I did laugh outloud though-how can you not?!
R you sick today???
talk to you soon or call me or see ya friday...
xoxo
Post a Comment