Tuesday, October 21, 2008

disturbing...

I was feeling very sick this afternoon. Shocking, yes. Oh, and I swear this is the last post I will complain, but honestly it's all I am about as of late. But anyway, I decided I just needed to take a nap and see if I could sleep it off. Hailey was watching some Nick Jr. while I dozed.
As her show ended, something very loud and obnoxious roused me from sleep.



This was disturbing to me on many levels. It also made me ponder a few things...

First, who is the guy in orange and what is on his head? Does he realize his head looks more cone like than my babies after they spend entirely too much time in the birth canal?

Remember the day when Barney was the weirdest thing around? What are they trying to do to our children?

Why doesn't the monster chew his food? Or swallow things like bones?

Isn't it a little creepy that his food is talking to him and he is more than happy to devour it?

And did it, or did it not make your stomach queasy?

Pregnant and sick, or not....
that was not what I wanted to wake up to.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

"There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy" ... thats pretty catchy! :)
Is this something they think will help kids eat their veggies?? I wonder if it actually works. I doubt it.
For me it was more annoying, than making me queasy. Another reason Im greatful to not be pregnant.... but happy you are. :)

Kristie said...

Ever since disconnecting our Dish a few weeks ago, I have been quite depressed at times, but THIS is something I do not miss. Creepy kids shows...yo gabba gabba probably being at the top of my list. Thank you for summing up so eloquently what so many of us have experienced. By the way, congrats on the babe in your belly. I have been absent from blog world for some time and was happy to see your news. We have that getting pregnant when we don't plan to problem at our house too. I took some pretty serious measures this time around. Wish me luck.

Jen said...

So, were your kids actually watching and enjoying this? I don't get it!

Ashley Rae said...

Ok. That was the creepiest thing I've seen in a while. Um... I guess I can see how they're trying to get kids to eat their veggies, but seriously?? Wow. That was just scary. Thanks for posting it so I know what NOT to watch. Haha

Amanda said...

Wow...I couldn't even get through the whole thing!

briana said...

wow. that's messed up.

Anonymous said...

wow. I know what you mean. This show is beyond stupid, and crazy. I can't even watch the video either, it gets too annoying. I have to admit though, after reading Sarah's comment, and then watching the song..it did make me laugh. How do they get away with making shows like this??? Who's the guy who decided to air this show.

Macdonalds said...

I don't know what I will do when my kids outgrow the Disney channel. Even that has stupid shows I turn off.

Heidi P said...

Did you know that Yo Gabba Gabba are friends with Aquabats? They actually have a bunch of fun ska bands singing on their show! :) Sort of weird, but we like them around here. They had Tony Hawk on too, Will loved that.

But now you will hate them the rest of your life since you saw them when your sickie... Yuck. Sorry...

Steve D. said...

I need to find out what this show is and watch it everyday. Its the best thing I have ever seen.