Shortly after our little Hailey was born almost 6 years ago to the day, Brian decided it was time to take on college. I was, as usual, the loving and helpful support that you all know me to be. At first it was a class or two, just what we could work around school. After a year or so we realized that it would take 10 years to graduate at the rate we were going. So we made major changes; (i.e. sell our home, and move in with parents, work part time and be broke...) and as time went on, the pressure increased the time with Brian decreased and my wonderful supportiveness (yes, I am aware that this is not a word, but this is my blog and I make the rules) turned to grumpy complaints. I could hardly imagine the day when we operated like other families; the light at the end of the tunnel was there, I was sure it was, but we were too far to see.Recently that light has been in view and we have been clinging to it as a family. We have made all sorts of statements that begin with, "When dad is done with school...".
Tuesday, wonderful Tuesday of this week, we stepped into the light. Brian took his last final. He made his last drive from Provo. He sold his last book. He is done with school.
That sounds really nice. I would like to say that again.
Brian is done with school.
We celebrated in a style with dinner out to an expensive fancy restaurant and weekend getaway to a fancy hotel/spa where we pampered ourselves with massages and other spa treatments. We ended the festivities with a shopping spree from all the money we have growing on our money tree in the back yard.
Then I woke up.
We actually celebrated by me attending mutual and Brian hanging out with the kids. Then I came home and we ate a late night dinner and watched people loose massive amounts of weight. (biggest loser finale). We are so cool.
As lack luster as our celebration was, it was real and it was good. As a family, we are enjoying the better view of life with a father and a husband. We could really get used to this. And I think we will.
7 comments:
i remember when it all started. you thought you were changing just your life...but you changed mine. the nights he was in school and we were faithfully keeping pizza hut and papa johns in business watching kids play and keeping up on survivor, our friendship was solidified. i know it has been a long road, but looking back, i ask where has the time gone? i am so happy for you. and i am looking forward to what lies ahead. AS LONG AS IT DOESNT ENTAIL MOVING OUT OF STATE! period.
congrats brian!!!! you deserve it.
you both deserve a pat on the back. school is not an easy thing... trust me i know. i get it.
i'm so happy for the both of you what a great accompishment!!!
we are so excited to see you guys.
thanks for your friendship...
once again CONGRATS...
don't worry mel & i will go revisit her dream and have so fun!! ;)
What a relief! Congrats! You made it! That is definitely exciting news.
Your dream sounded so nice, you two do need to get out and celebrate! YAY!
Wahooooooo! I'm so glad you get him back. What a major accomplishment! I'm proud of you, Bri!
Wohoo!!!!!! I couldn't imagine how crazy that life must have been for all of you. Way to go! Party on.
Hallelujah!! I am so happy for you both. We have been going down that long road too, James has a couple more classes, and then he is done too. I can't wait for that day! :)
Woo hoo!!! Congrats for the end of school!! I'll bet that's such a relief. Justin is done in May... 6 more months, baby! Booya!
Post a Comment