Today is Maisie Day. The day we celebrate Jen's little Maisie (our first Swanson cousin!) and her birth 3 years ago. It is our way to remember her, and to remind our kids of their little angel cousin that was only with us for a few short weeks. My kids look forward to Maisie Day and looking at all our Maisie pictures and commenting on her beauty (and her amount of hair!).A few weeks ago Jonas informed me that when he thinks of someone's name, a color comes to mind. I heard this and knew he was my son. I have strange thoughts such as these. So obviously, this fascinated me and I began quizzing him on people's colors.
I said, "hailey"
he said: pink. (well that one was obvious)
Caleb: green.
mom: red (this could my due to the fact I am his bossy mom)
dad: orange.
jonas: blue
and on and on through all the names of our family. I was laughing to myself as I agreed with him and saw his reasoning for the color assignments.
Then Hailey said: "Maisie"
That's easy, I thought: white. pure, perfect. little angel.
But just as I finish my thought Jonas says,
"Oh maisie? She is every color. She is the rainbow."
I stood corrected.
Maisie, our little rainbow angel.



10 comments:
Not fair getting me teary...I am so glad we get to celebrate Maisie today, Jonas had it so right saying she is the rainbow. Out of the mouth of babes...
Seriously, Mel. I'm teary too!
There's just something about Maisie. Even just thinking about her and remembering her brings a sweet spirit to me. She really is a little angel!
I'm so excited to celebrate Maisie Day!!
ps- its fun to see the different pics we all have of her.
That is very sweet... Jonas is quite an insightful boy. Of course she would be the rainbow. Happy Maisie Day to you.
How sweet is that. It sure makes me appreciate my healthy kids...thanks for the good cry. Happy "Maisie Day" :)
Your family was so blessed to have such a sweet and wonderful spirit come to earth for just a short time and teach you. I love how you always remember her and have daisie's in pics. Such a precious little one:)
i consider it a privelage to know her. she is a light!
thanks for remembering my little angel with me. If we didn't celebrate Maisie Day, I'm sure it would be a very hard time of year for us. We appreciate all the family love and support. I love you guys!
I think that is really cool that Jonas thinks of colors for people! It's so perfect what he said about Maisie.
yep totally crying... it feels like we just said our goodbyes to her.. she is so beautiful.
i love the last picture cause i know she was welcoming caleb.
Maisie was such a fighter. what an angel she truly is.
Post a Comment