So, I'm thirty. I have been alive three whole decades. To sum up my life for you thus far,
the first decade I spent learning,
the second decade I spent acting as if I knew it all,
and the third decade I spent re learning it all over again by being a mommy.
There it is; the short version of my life story.
I just keep wondering if I am supposed to feel different? People keep saying how hard it was to turn thirty. As for me? Not so much. See, I can think of loads of things that were harder. For example:
It was harder to stay awake in astronomy in college.
It was harder to give birth... (wait, did I really sign up to do that again in 8 weeks?)
It was harder to watch my first child enter the school system.
It was harder to watch Tatiana make a freaking idiot out of herself on American Idol week after week.
It was harder to accept the call as den mother in the scouting program.
It was harder to sit through the "Curious Case of Benjamin Button".
So in a nutshell, I'm thirty now. And so far, so good.
9 comments:
Just 'cause its easy for you doesn't mean you have to rub it in. Remember the "old timer, old timer" song.
Happy Birthday Melanie. I'm glad it's been a smooth transition. I can think of a few things that I imagine would be harder as well (I've still got 8 months to think about it though.)
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Melaneeeeeeee................[gasp] Happy birthday to you. [applause]
Good to know that 30 wasn't tough for you. It wasn't tough for my hubby, either. So I'm getting less and less scared. Thank you ever so much.
Wooo hoooo! Happy Birthday!
Happy to know it wasn't so bad, but even happier to know I wont have to worry about it for another 3 years. :)
PS- Love that the candles just barely fit on your cake. :) ha haa!
its hard not to think that i'm dyin over you not pickin a frick frackin name... porter it is!!! :)
happy birthday. i'm glad you had a good one. can't wait to see ya.
H
thirty didn't bother me a bit...and knowing we are from the same mold, i am not surprised! come on saturday!
Happy birthday!!!( a few days ago) I'm glad thirty didn't phase you. I must agree with you, there are far more difficult and trying experiences in life than turning a certain age.
Happy Birthday! Glad to hear it wasn't so hard.
I think you put life in a nutshell very well. It's so true.
Astronomy rocked! Wait did we even complete that class :) I hope you had a wonderful Birthday. I can't believe your little one is due soon---how fast it flies by when it's not you. I hope nesting finds you soon. If not you've done it 3 times before I'm sure you'll be ready :)
Post a Comment