Thursday, August 27, 2009

the first, the last

I can't believe it's already time to post the obligatory "first day of school" pictures. Summer flew by for us this year in a haze of diaper changes and late night feedings.
But what's new? It seems as though my life is flying by.


This kid, my oldest AND my baby at the same time, is entering fourth grade. FOURTH GRADE. I can't even comprehend fourth grade. He has come such a long way from that little stuttering toddler who cracked me up with his imagination on a daily basis.


And this girl, my little rollie pollie chubby baby, just entered first. I mean, I am fully aware that she is not the rollie pollie, chubby, slobbering baby she once was, but I also feel as though someone came in last night and stole that baby and put a wonderful funny little girl in her place. And the thing is I love them both equally, but I am sad.
Sad that I won't get kiss those big chubby baby cheeks.
Sad I won't hear that little stuttering boy blabber on about the parasaurolophus in his head.
And I am sad to know that if this much time has gone by this fast, that I am going to wake up tomorrow to their graduation.
And I can barely handle that thought.

At least I still have these two:






Sometimes that thought gives me a head ache.

7 comments:

aimee said...

Fourth grade! Holy cow. Seriously time flies by. It makes me sad too. I'm going to be one of those moms that can't let their kids grow up and pray that they'll think I'm cool forever. And now I'm a little sick inside :)

briana said...

gone are the days of toddlers, pacis, sippies and the childrens club. :(

makes me a little melancholy. glad to know i am not the only one.

Heather said...

ditto on what bri said........ our little jonas i will never forget the day he was born nor will i forget sweet little hailey. what the crap 4th grade!?!?!??! i cannot wait to school starts i would be lying if i said otherwise.
but please don't quote me on this cause the day school starts i will be crying i'm pretty sure of it!! :)

Jen said...

I love the pictures! You know it won't be long until those last 2 will be off to school, too, and you'll miss having them at home to yourself. It's just getting through these days that makes us want to pull our hair out!

Ashley Rae said...

Um... 4th? Wasn't that when we entered high school? That's how fast time flies, at least. Seriously.

Wow. Kids just grow WAY to fast.

But yes, at least you have those other two little angels (monsters??) to keep you company :)

p.s. No baby for me. At least not for a long while. lol

mrsmckracken said...

I say Amen, even though we aren't in church to all of that. I have an eighth grader AND a kindergartener with a couple sprinkled in between. It's hard AND super cool every year. Such bittersweet feelings.

mrsmckracken said...

And by the way, you are the best blog follower ever! I love that you hold church in the hall!