Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I will survive?

I love road trips. I really do. I love the chance to blast my music, listen to Les Miserables all the way through, eat beef jerky and sunflower seeds all day long, and ask strange questions at my husband for hours on end. (I know this is a highlight of any trip for him too.) I love stopping as stretching my legs in different places and I love reaching the destination. Recently, I have been telling my husband that I miss road trips.

So being the thoughtful guy he is, decided to plan one for us this summer.

To Here:

(Lake Tahoe, Emerald Bay)


And Here:


(The Sequoia national Forest)

Sounds so fun right? I know.

It's just that I forgot to mention one tiny detail. I neglected to clarify that I miss road trips that don't include these:



Heaven help me, I am going on a road trip with these four "lively" children.

Survival is questionable.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

All I can say is good luck and take lots of pictures!
*perhaps driving through the night is an option??

Sarah said...

That sounds like a lot of fun, kids and all!!

... Now I have to ask: What is up with that giant pink bunny??
Or maybe I don't want to know :)

briana said...

my greatest memories are family vacations that involve miles of driving with the ones i love dearest! here's the time you have been craving with brian and the vacation you have been needing for years now! ENJOY IT! and just think of all the things you will have to blog about when you return. in one piece. you will survive. i promise!

Five Point Restoration said...

sarah, the giant pink bunny was robert the easter bunny. he has some moves by the way. and the outfit is all his, so don't you worry, he can share the fun with lexi anytime you come out!

melanie33 said...

oh and sarah, by the way, that was me and not brian. He has much more important things to do than to read my little old blog, i can assure you.

Ashley Rae said...

LOL... well, at least they're gorgeous kids.

Um... good luck? At least the destination is absolutely beautiful. I expect lots of pictures.

Heather said...

when the heck are you going???? we need to talk. Nate will be sooooooo jealous!!! he wants to go to lake tahoe sooo very bad. i truly am not jelous of the kiddos cause i just got done doing that by myself!! it will be so fun though!! you make me smile. i miss talking to you. call me.. quick!
love ya.

mrsmckracken said...

Ha ha ha you have to drive across Nevada! We made that trip twice a year to my grandparents' house in Sacramento. But my mom only had one perfect kid. So our trips were fabulous. You may be surprised by your children. Or you may not. Hmmm...

6deans said...

You crack me up...I hope you have fun. That looks like an absolutely gorgeous place :)

Lisa said...

I love the last picture!! It cracked me up. Good luck with your trip and have fun!!! We need to plan our dinner again. Call me!!

Macdonalds said...

Drive through the night and have a lazy day planned for catching up on sleep. Oh how I love road trips, I'm a little jealous. Have fun!

What's with the bunny?