Scary.
I learned from last year's experience that we needed to do things a little differently. So this year we set some goals:
A: Leave all children whom are not directly involved behind; (i.e. porter and CALEB). We always tried to make this a family event, but unfortunately we see now that for sanity's sake this cannot be so.
B: Convince Jonas that there are other clothes on the planet than pajamas. And that once your favorite shirts get holes in them, you must retire them. And that as a fourth grader, it's time to stop being lazy and pick the shoes with the laces already.
C. Forbid Hailey from buying anything pink. And brown. (And if you think for one second that this will work, you DO NOT KNOW MY DAUGHTER.)
D. Refuse to buy jeans when it's too hot to even wear them yet; because by the time we pull them out, we will discover that our children have grown 6 inches and can no longer wear them.
The outcome:
- The little boys were left behind (with dad), screaming from the terrible act of being separated from their mother. (I just love leaving like that)
- I did convince Jonas that there was life beyond pajamas, but not that there is life beyond skulls and cross bones and very ugly tee shirts.
- I was not successful in securing Jonas shoes with laces.


- We bought jeans. I mean 10$? How could we not? But at least I only bought one pair each. (I am patting myself on the back as I type, which is really rather difficult).
The fashion show was interrupted again this year by a screaming baby apparently being starved by his neglectful parents...

and a small boy in his underwear.
7 comments:
i still don't like shoes with laces, and when i have them i tie them once and then forever slip them on and off i hate to tie my shoes.
so good luck with jonas, just know he may never grow out of it, at least i never have.
$10 old navy pants are totally on my list for this week. Hopefully she's not going through a MAJOR growth spurt over the next 4 months... we'll see.
Way to go on the blue for Hailey. It looks great on her.
I'm afraid that everything Kennedy will want is going to be a dress. And that's it. Like 50 of them.
Where did you get jonas his shoes??? Cayden would love them.{he hates laces as well} me too! :)
could hailey be any cuter... love her style.
also looooooooove the back ground with all of kevins decorations!!! :)
lol that last picture is so funny. Perfect example of high energy little boys.
BTW, Did you get the CD? I finally made it ALL the way over there. ;)
i would post pics IF I COULD FIND ANY CLOTHES! kohl's had nothing resembling anything like that! hailey still looks her age. the stuff i was looking at was like goth at age 6. seriously! i have been everywhere. *sigh*
that caleb makes me laugh. why is it so funny when it isn't your child? i just love that kid.
oh and welcome to skulls and crossbones.
heather - i got his shoes at famous. They were a million dollars... okay maybe not, but they really felt that way.
merilee, yes i got the cd and i LOVE LOVE LOVE every single photo. We will force you back soon.
Ummm, try shopping with a 13 year old girl. Because when you are a mom and even if you used to work retail clothes a million years ago, you still don't know how to match an outfit for EIGHTH GRADE, duh. And by the way all you need are some scarves and you're good.
I'm not bitter.
Post a Comment