This morning I woke up and saw a bomb had exploded in my house. Well, maybe two. The kids toys, socks, clothes, books, shoes and trash were EVERYWHERE. My craft stuff was strewn about on every flat surface. Nothing was organized, nothing clean. Beds were not made. Laundry was not done. Dishes were piled.
This, my friends, is the result you get for taking a week off.
Looking at it, overwhelmed me. It pushed me right into the "don't bother me I am cleaning" mood with my kids.
So I put the baby down (much to his disappointment) and started getting to work.
Dishes piled? gone.
One load of laundry in.
I had just started picking up stuff when my baby just couldn't wait any longer and needed some food RIGHT.THIS. MINUTE.
I made a bottle, and plopped in front of the computer to feed him.
Then I read this.
And it just whipped me back into shape.
Then I thought about my two options.
Stress about the house?
Or rock my sweet cuddly baby and sing him some James Taylor?
Houses are meant to look lived in after all.
And no one would question that in this house, let me tell you...
11 comments:
i have been cleaning all morning...... cause i'm going crazy looking at things. it makes me happy when things are organized........then in about 20 min. i ask myself why do i bother!! :) did you finish cleaning?? i would come over & help.. promise.
p.s. i don't have kids that let me rock then anymore...:(
p.p.s. thanks for the reality check too.......... i will go mess up my almost perfect house now! ;)
i just love her posts.
What a great reminder of life's priorities. I think I'm going to go break into a "Sweet Baby James" for my sweet babies.
i have always loved:
i hope my child looks back on today
and remembers a mom who had time to play. there will be years for cleaning and cooking, but children grow up when we are not looking.
cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow. cuz babies grow fast, we learn to our sorrow.
so quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep, i'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.
Good reality check. Are messes REALLY that big of a deal? My grandma sure thinks so.
But this is a new (yet messier) generation.
wow. that puts life into perspective, doesn't it? I can't read things like that very often, 'cause I cry too much. :) Thanks for the reminder about life.
Oh we sure had a great time playing all week long :)
All I can say is Wow!! She really puts things into perspective. I would love to talk to you when you get a chance. Please call me.
I guess I should read the other comments before I comment. Funny that Jen and I said the same thing at the beginning.
I have to read the NieNie dialogs sparingly. It's almost too much for me. My friend JoLayna always recommends them too. It's nice to hear someone else is a messy mom, too! My dish pile is always too big.
Post a Comment