They are filled.
Filled with important things like
trips to Hailey's school checking glucose levels
and giving insulin injections,
nightly phone calls with the doctor asking questions and changing insulin ratios,
endocrinologist appointments,
meetings with school nurses, phone calls/battles with insurance companies,
and a few trips downtown to the diabetes specialties store for some ridiculously priced necessities.
but i would go crazy if if focused on all of that.
so i fill may days
with even more important things like
Coloring in giant Christmas coloring books with my kids.
Watching old videos of past Christmases.
Making brownies with massive amounts of frosting.
Picking out our annual ornaments at the Christmas village.
Watching barbie movies with Caleb. (yes I said CALEB. you have no idea how deep his devotion is to his sister.)
Enjoying candle light dinners.
Making paper snowflakes.
Wrapping presents.
Playing with playdoh.
Watching the boys shovel snow while listening to the sound of my heart singing praises that I can finally enjoy life with a garage to park my car in.
Singing Christmas songs over and over and over and over and over and....
and generally just loving that fact that I get to enjoy Christmastime with kids.

Because Christmas is not the same without them.
6 comments:
i can't believe that christmas will be here & over in no time... poor hailey & you. glad you got your buddies though to keep you entertained!!
I am with you on all those Christmas things. I need to make a list like this. Hope you don't mind if I copy? Oh well, guess you will have to be mad at me.
That so doesn't make me miss Utah. I like be warm :)
did you fail to mention those singing little stuffed things that the batteries never go dead in just so the rest of us wouldn't be jealous?
Glad to know you are enjoying the Holidays and this time with your kids. It really is important to spend as much time as we can with them because before we know it they won't want to play playdoh, color, watch movies etc. with US. I hope things are getting easier with Hailey. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Aw, cute picture. And it sounds like your life is super duper busy. Honestly, woman. How do you do it?
And yes, I am totally judging you for liking the sweaters.
p.s. One of my good friends just sent me a message saying she was blog-hopping and saw your blog and she says she's in your ward! her name is Jill Anderson... She said that her son, Jason (Kennedy's future husband), is the same age as Hailey. Small world, ain't it?
Post a Comment