love is....
Waiting a day to watch 24 so you can view it with your spouse.
Getting up to check your 7 year old at 2 AM every night, and then gently and patiently convincing her into drinking juice when all she wants to do is sleep.
Someone dropping you at the curb at target and waiting in the car so you have curb side pick up and a kid free shopping experience.
Being understanding (eventually) when your parents tell you you are too young for a cell phone.
Eating the burned rolls and not saying anything.
Tag teaming the kid's bedtime routine.
Someone knowing what to order for you at a restaurant.
Not complaining when you really, really want to.
Not killing your husband when he volunteers you for things.
Changing a diaper. Deeper love is changing a toddler's diaper.
Letting your mom touch you on the shoulder when you are an almost 10 year old boy.
Playing the same game every single day with a 3 year old that always changes the rules to make the game last longer.
Willingly cleaning the toilets where boys live.
Not saying a word while your husband eats black licorice next to you and fills up the room with it's intolerable stench.
What is love to you?
5 comments:
when my husband lets me take a 2 hour nap on sundays... when i truly know he want one too!! :)
I love the time at night when all the kids are in bed and I get to crawl in my bed and watch "mindless" TV. You have been a good updater on your blog...I have loved reading your recent posts :)
Oh... what a great post. Love is so rarely the romantic candlelight dinner we picture. Your images of love are much more real and enduring. I think those really are evidences of your love. I'll have to think about what love is to me.
love is knowing at all times where you cell phone is so a friend can text a sista when she needs!
love ya!
Ha ha I think black licorice is of the devil, too. Love is letting your wife make all kinds of mistakes and never telling her she's an idiot. And putting a leash on the runaway child! And leaving the cheese off one part of the casserole for someone.
Post a Comment