Before I was a mom, I was worried. Could I really be a mom? Could I really be in charge of someone elses life? Could I really love my children unconditionally? I mean, would I even like my kids? Like, all the time? What if my kids were ugly? Would I even see it?
Turns out they were so cute I didn't have to worry about that.
Turns out my kids were pretty cool too.
Turns out I really love being a mom.
Motherhood has made me into the fine specimen that I am today.
Ya so um, maybe that isn't exactly a glowing advertisement for motherhood. Really though, when I say I love being a mom, please don't interpret that into thinking I am wonderful at being a mom, and that motherhood is always lovely and picture perfect. It's not.
There are times when it is hard, overwhelming, underwhelming, monotonous, messy, chaotic, frustrating, sticky, smelly and wet. But it's the hard parts that make the sweet parts so good. And it's the sticky parts that make you so grateful for baby wipes. And the smelly parts that make you grateful for the invention of the diaper champ... and febreeze.
I love being a mom because
Motherhood has allowed me to see my strengths
and my weaknesses... (not too hard, seeing as there are so many.)
It has afforded me the opportunity to grow
and to learn to live on less sleep.
It has been very painful.
(Dude, childbirth REALLY hurts.)
It has made me understand the feeling of total inadequacy, but made me simultaneously grateful for the chance to improve at the same time.
It has made me see more clearly the love wisdom that my parents posses.
It has made love my husband more than I thought was possible. It has allowed me to see him at his best on a daily basis.
It has made me laugh harder,
smile bigger,
walk taller,
and understand more.
I am grateful to my kids for giving me a chance and sticking with me, and not abandoning me for some better mother down the street, because motherhood has been the best thing I have ever done, and I know it always will be.
Unless I was ever like President of the United States because that's really cool and important too.
3 comments:
well said....... sort of like nie.nie. balled my eyes out watching her short movie. you sort.of make me cry too! :)
love ya my friend.
xox.
Very nice Mel. I bet you're a great Mom. Like this post.
Aw I love it. Being a mom is cool. Way better than being a dad. WAY.
Post a Comment