I think I thought 6,000 times this weekend how great it would be to get a picture of....[fill in the blank]. I cursed my broken camera several times. I mean, if I had a voodoo doll in the shape of that camera... But I am not going to let it phase me. I am just going to continue on with this blog, just using words. (and apologizing for any boredom you may endure).
We had a good weekend. It was a sunny weekend, how could it not be good?
Friday night we grilled cheddarwurst (healthy, I know). We gabbed at the kitchen table, and fed Porter more food than I knew was possible to fit inside a baby's belly. The kids and I changed him (because that takes a small army to do) and put him to bed. Then we threw on pajamas and set up blankets and settled in to watch the Blind side, which we had yet to see. The kids all fell asleep during or immediately after the movie and we let them sleep right where they were. We are lazy like that.
Saturday we spent in the yard (yay for yards!) We cut down a gigantic tree that was a gigantic pain. All right, so maybe I didn't cut down anything personally, but just because I didn't do the actual manual labor, don't assume that it wasn't hard work watching my husband up on a huge ladder with a chain saw... It was stress. Then we all cleaned up fallen branches and twigs for what seemed like an eternity. we paused for lunch and for swinging time on the remaining tree. After that mess was all handled we moved onto the garden (yay for gardens!). We got the ground all set to go to grow food... out of the ground! It's like glorious magic! We let the kids all choose stuff to grow so we will soon be planting, tomatos, carrots, watermelon, raspberries and peppers.
Let me pause here and tell you that I feel really cool for saying I have a garden. Really cool. And if things actually grow in it, then my head just may explode with pride. Let me also take advantage of this moment of pause to tell you that I did nothing to get the garden ready either. They were covering the ground with manure and I am sorry, but I deal with enough poop in my everyday life to be bothered with animal crap on the weekends.
After that we cleaned up, and there was a lot of cleaning to do (I mentioned the manure right?) and I packed the kid's lunch boxes for dinner and we dropped the kids off at Grammie and Pops house so I could enjoy a kid free night with Brian in celebration of mother's day.
We ate at Goodwood and shopped at khols. For me! It was Brian's suggestion. He noticed that I looked like a homeless beggar in my current clothes and thought maybe it was time to spruce up the old wardrobe. I had a coupon to kohls so I was pretty proud of myself for that. But then the checkout dude out of nowhere slapped on a friends and family discount! I was pretty thrilled.
Then we went to Sees candy.
If you have never gone to Sees, don't. STAY AWAY. That way there is more for me.
We got back just in time to shoot Hailey full of insulin. She loves it. (not really).
Sunday I was served Breakfast in bed. Pancakes and strawberries. yum. As I began eating my breakfast, I started to realize that breakfast in bed is a weird tradition. I mean, I just sat there, by myself eating, while everyone else was laughing and having fun in the kitchen. I felt like a leper. I decided to join them and not have breakfast in bed ever again, unless of course I happen to contract lepercy, then I would gladly sequester myself.
The rest of the day was chill and I was showered with lots of hugs and love and homemade cards and gifts and coupons. The kids did their best not to whine and fight. It was a definite improvement. Caleb only said he wanted a new mom once the whole day and Hailey only said she hated having diabetes at dinner, as compared to every single meal or snack. And Jonas? Well, he let me put my arm around him... IN PUBLIC. For like, a long time!
It was a good celebratory day.
It was a good weekend.
I wished it would have been 7 days longer though.
I also wish it wasn't cold today.
I also wish that I was incredibly rich, FYI.
How was your weekend?
3 comments:
oh how i love your words...it's really o.k. without pictures. i promise. the only think i thought that you could have done was put that "one" video clip in place of pictures.... hehhehehe. ;)
so, i worked in the yard too. nate bought me some gerbers to plant in my yard. one of them has already died. i suck at taking care of them & then the slugs eat them but, i love them so much. i'm jealous you have a garden. i want one. but, i would kill all of that too. i wish we could have gone with you to goodwood. love that sees candy too. way too much.
think i have said enough! just love you my friend hope your mothers day was the best!!!!!!!!!!
muah!!!!!!!! xoxo. sorry i have way to many of these in my comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
oh BTW i need another cupcake like right now!!!!!! dang it i wish they had one here.
Yeah, I think yours is the only blog I can read sans pictures. So I commend you on your storytelling skills. And good luck with the garden! I've never grown vegetables. Only flowers. But I plan to next year. We shall see. And as far as home made potatoe salad? Make sure you label that it is from you so that I can avoid it. I don't want food poisoning. Hehe
Post a Comment