A few weeks ago, after Jonas turned 11 we surprised the crap out of our kids and took them here:
The Happiest Place on Earth.
The place our kids had saved their cash for five years to get to.
That is unless you are Porter. Because it that case it would be your Biggest Nightmare on Earth.
Where lots of strange characters with extra large heads come to life and roam around every corner getting too close. Where extra loud music, and extra loud fireworks exist to torture your sensitive ears. A place that as you stroll around you can hear the screams of people being tortured on what they call "rides".
I have never seen a boy more in love with his home than the day Porter was able to wake up from his nightmare and return home.
The rest of us, however enjoyed the time of our lives. I took little to no pictures. I was just there, with family, having fun in the moment. I realized something by doing that. Vacations are awesome. I don't know if you have been made aware of that little tidbit, but don't take my word for it. Just try it sometime and you will see, just as I did.
A few days after we came home, Caleb saw a commercial on TV for disneyland. The tagline was, "Where dreams come true."
Caleb stood up, smacked his forehead and growled, "CRAP!"
"What?" I asked, confused.
He pointed to the TV and said, "Dreams come true at Disneyland.... I didn't know that when we went there. We HAVE TO GO BACK."
Someday, my son, someday.


4 comments:
glad you had so fun!! we need to catch up!!
xoxo
i was watching kate plus 8 and thinking she has it made. she doesn't plan, budget, watch her kids or take one picture. she just shows up. how would that be?
i'm thinking pretty awesome.
so glad you went on a vacation, you deserve it! now to plan a trip to the beach... =)
Oh, Disneyland. I have such a love-hate relationship with that place. I LOVE it so much. It's so magical, fun, exciting, beautiful, fantastic, etc, etc. But it's way too crowded and I don't like other people when they are in large groups, like that. It scares me.
Glad you could go, though. Vacations are incredible. Why do you think I take them as often as I do? I'm definitely due for another one.
Did our son just turn 9? or was it 11? I cant remember? hmmm.
Post a Comment