We were out and about this weekend when we spotted a group of teenagers clearly on their way to a dance. The couples were dressed to match one another. Some were wearing spandex circa 1982. Some were fresh off the farm with fake sleeveless flannel shirts and fake beards. They looked ridiculous, seeing as it was so far away from Halloween and all.
But mostly what struck me was how loud and really obnoxious they were.
Brian and I looked at each other and smiled. We remember being loud and obnoxious. In fact, we were loud an obnoxious together on several occasions back in the day.
Hailey who was watching them carefully, said, "Why are those big kids being so loud and acting so crazy?"
I said, "Because they think they are super cool and super funny."
She asked, "How do you know?"
I said, "Because I did the same thing when I was their age. I thought I was so cool and so funny...only really I was just annoying."
Hailey, not missing a beat, said,
"So, not much has changed."
I laughed, shook my head, and realized how much I love my kid's sense of humor and their quick witted, little quips.
Even if it does bruise the ego a little.
3 comments:
oh if only she could have been at neilson's frozen custard.
enuf said.
signed snuggly kitty
totally, maybe she would of even thought the look.a.like of NICK PARK was even her type or cute!!!;)
enuf said.
signed, creepy background stalker
LOL!
Post a Comment