For my family, that means loads of traditions and even more loads of laying around in badly matching clothes in front of the TV.

Saturday morning always brings a dozen bagels honey almond cream cheese. mmmm.
Then we pull out the specially prepared packets of fun.:

(prepared by someone else, but printed by yours truly)
Then we sit.

and watch:

Every two hour break, I send the kids on a wiggle release.
I make them run around the house 30 times.
Ride their scooters down the street and back.
Kick the soccer ball against the fence 20 times.
Then there are the push ups.
The sit ups.
The jumping jacks.
The free throws.
Until I have sufficiently tired them out for the next session to begin.
Then we eat pasta salad and rolls as the next session begins.
We continue to stuff ourselves with beef jerkey and Swedish fish.
Saturday night while the men are out, I party with the kids.
This time we filled the hours with
trampoline fun:

play performances:

and serious ds game play:

Sunday we eat sticky buns, sausage, and over easy eggs.
We eat too much.
Every single year.
We pull out the conference bingo cards and play with Swedish fish.
Inevitably Swedish fish will begin to fly around the room until I lay the law down.
My view of the TV is almost always obstructed:

Everyone starts fighting over crayons and spots on where to sit and who got more swedish fish than whom. The family room is littered with cups and crayons and papers and blankets and assorted toys. And then someone starts wrestling someone, which turns bad quickly and ends in tears.
And somehow, every year, I am sad to see it end.
How was your weekend?
3 comments:
It went from 70 degrees to 30 degrees. That was my weekend.
i got 3 letters for you-
IHC
and it doesn't stand for
i have conference.
details to come.
truly you are the best mom ever. i really need to follow in your footsteps... no really i do!!!
love you.
thanks for a fun night. i am so sorry i was the 3 person to comment. i can't believe i wasn't quicker!!! ;) please forgive me!
p.s BRI... umm i didn't hear about IHC tonight. need details!
Post a Comment