Late into the night the squeals of Caleb can be heard from the bottom of the the bunk bed that he and Jonas share. They make secret plans to sneak strawberries and cheetos into their beds and have a feast late into the wee hours of the morning. They hide their DSs under their pillows and battle each other way past their bed time.
And they are convinced we have no idea.
We let them think it.
But after a few nights of late partying, I end up with cranky children.
Then I start to crack down.
A few nights ago, Brian and I could hear the laughter and the whisper yelling still going strong at 10:30. Brian decided to be the enforcer.
He swung open their door in a hurry, surprising them. They fumbled to stuff their DSs under their pillows, thinking they were still hiding something from us at this point.
Brian handed down his most stern look, and used his "I mean business" voice and he said,
"Boys. Do I look stupid to you?"
Caleb sat up in bed, squinted hard to examine his father and proudly declared,
"Yep."
Jonas, myself and Brian did our best to stifle the laughter. We are always doing our best to stifle our laughter at the expense of Caleb.
This time we failed miserably.
Next time though, we will know better than to ask Caleb for a truth we aren't ready to hear.
The boy has no filter after all.
5 comments:
Ok totally laughed out loud!!! Love that kid!
LOL... ok. Best laugh of the day. Thank you.
out of the mouth of babes.
That is too funny. What a nut you have! I hope that your next one is just like him, so that you have that many more years of laughs ahead of you! :)
Hahaha Rick and I are so excited to see this funny little guy!
Post a Comment