Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I think I had a baby...

I am just not sure. Because babies are tiny. Newborns are these sweet little things.
I didn't have one of those.
I had a baby giant. A baby Hagrid, if you will.


Luke James tipped the scales at 10 pounds 14 ounces (22 inches long).
For those of you people who are mathematically challenged, that is two teeny ounce shy of eleven pounds. ELEVEN.
I am a firm believer that babies should not be born in a double digit range.
Those of you who have pushed a person out of your body know what I am saying. You feel me. You are shaking your head with a profoundly sympathetic look on that face of yours as you read this aren't you?
Because, come on... ELEVEN? Really?
Furthermore, if you are unfortunate enough to push a baby giant out of you, then I believe body numbing drugs should be involved. I also suggest you receive these drugs in time for them to actually take effect.

I had a baby giant with ineffective drugs.... and I am here to tell the tale.

I think I need a t-shirt with that statement.

Or one that says: Giving Birth; #1 on the Things I Won't Ever Do Again! list.

Cause I won't. For like, ever.

Even if he is the sweetest baby giant in these here united states.

Tomorrow? We move on from giant babies and head to giant families.

Stay Tuned...

4 comments:

Ashley Rae said...

Oh man, Mel. How I have missed your blog posts. You crack me up like no one else. Eleven pounds?! Are you kidding? That is quite a large bundle of joy. I'm so happy for you, though!! (p.s. the picture didn't show up on my computer- so I hope you post another one soon, that I can see.)

Baby Hagrid? Seriously, woman. Still laughing over here.

Heather said...

what Ashley Rae said ^^^ oh how i miss you. really, why have we not talked??? oh i guess baby giant is sucking up all your time!!!!!! i love you dont ever forget that!

xoxo

Emily said...

Congratulations! And WOW, what an amazing feat of motherhood!

briana said...

no pictures? really? i am still in denial that you were in fact pregnant again and gave birth to a 3 month old.

he is a little piece of heaven- that luke.

and the one good thing about giving birth to a baby hagrid is...you my friend lose 11+ pounds over night!

we love baby lj.