Friday, February 15, 2008

Help! I Can't Swim!!!


Did you know that the opposite of fun is Laundry? It is a proven fact. Just do it every day for a year and you will be screaming, “Amen, sister!” to the afore mentioned statement. It is a long, no, never ending job. There is the sorting of clothes, the washing, the drying, the folding/sorting and then putting them away is their designated places. But there is more. Sometimes you have to… I don’t even like saying the word… iron. Eww. HATE THAT. That would probably be why there is always a pile of ironing for me to do. But laundry, I do that. EVERY DAY. And for some reason, maybe the fact that my family has the audacity to change their clothes daily, the pile of laundry is always there. I get “caught up” and turn around to a new filled basket. And it does not help that my children are under the impression that they are to wear three outfits a day. Morning/school clothes, afternoon clothes and pajamas. And somehow they manage to spill on each and every set of clothes they wear. I think it is to spite me. Perhaps they are angry with me and have decided the best way to get back at me is to go ahead a spill a little OJ on that shirt, or sit in some bubble gum. Or roll around in the mud for a couple of hours. If this assumption of mine is true, I have brilliant children who are succeeding in their goal of punishing their mother in the cruelest of ways: laundry drowning.

No comments: