February 19, 2008We made it through the worst of the sickness and I am breathing a sigh of relief!
My first baby is almost 8. EIGHT YEARS old! I have trouble getting that through my head lately. I mean he is in the big teeth phase. You know, where their teeth look larger than their face? He combs his own hair (You pick your battles), he has his own ideas on style (priceless), and he is half way to driver's ed. He is more than half way to thinking his parents are extremely uncool and completely embarassing. Okay, well he is there already, but the point is that he is so grown up. He is Jonas; no longer an extension of his parents. That thought made me look at him today. I mean really look at him. I saw his goodness. I saw his wisdom. I saw his strength. I saw his love for people. I saw his good sense of humor. I saw his budding confidence. And I just loved him a little more. And so I had to take this picture to remember him, right now, at almost eight, breaking my heart with pride at the man he is becoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment