MARCH 24, 2008You know when you are walking around a store and some poor mom is chasing her kid and he is laughing a DEVILISH laugh while she is trying to grab him and keep a hold of the cart and her purse and maybe other children? And she totally looses patience with the kid and you walk past with a half pity for the mother, half gratitude it is not you? Well I always felt that way until this little man came into the picture. Then I was that mom. I am that mom. Everytime I take him somewhere I am that mom. I never understood how moms could have a VERY naughty little kid and still just love the heck out of him. Until now. I never really understood the terrible two phase (well terrible 18months on phase) until now. I don't think I have been as exasperated, embarassed, frustrated, and out smarted until now. But I swear I have never laughed as hard, smiled as big, and have been so entertained before now. Something was definately missing before this little one came into our family. He is our joy. Our joke. Our entertainment. Our bit of sweetness. Our excerxise. And we love him unconditionally. Even if he takes his pants off in the middle of Walmart. He is our baby. So here is to 2 years old today. Hoping for a more calm, more quiet, more obedient year. (a mom can dream can't she?)
2 comments:
Mel I love reading your blog.. you make me laugh out loud each time!! Happy Birthday Caleb!!! Oh, he is so dang cute but, I know what you mean... cause I have Marlee!!! :)
Happy, Happy Birthday to Caleb...yesterday! Im so sad Im not there to celebrate the birthdays with everyone. I just sit at home and pretend im there and it isn't quite the same.
Thankfully, I get to come up the begining of May for Jonas' Baptism. Yipee!!
Post a Comment