Friday, March 28, 2008

He Would Like to Note This is Not an Autobiography


I love reading a good book and frequently that becomes a problem. I can't stop. The laundry doesn't get done. Dishes don't get washed. Kids can be seen eating cereal for dinner. I have been known to take the book in the car to read at stop lights, OK? I have always been this way with a good book. I blame this illness on my mother who is infected with the "read until you drop" syndrome. My mom is always reading something and is always struggling to put it down. She has passed the syndrome onto me as well as a few of my siblings. I guess I should have known that this disease would infect my kids. And it has. The reading bug is in full swing with Jonas. It started with the Spiderwick Chronicles series and now it is whatever he can get his hands on lately. As hard as it is to get him to put the dang book down sometimes, I must admit I love to see him reading for fun. No XBOX, no computer, no television...just a little boy and his imagination. That sits really well with me. I am looking forward to the day when all of the family can read and we can have our own little family read a thons. Maybe we could even read the classics together. And by classics, I mean Harry Potter. Hey, I didn't say I was an accomplished reader.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I was like that on the Twilight series.... You got me hooked & they were awesome books!!!
We need to go see that movie together when it comes out! Can you ask bri if you can fly here & we could go to seattle & have a killer GNO!!!!!!! :)

Macdonalds said...

I hope my kids have a desire to read-I think it is great! I have a hard time reading now because I hate to put a book down until it's finished but cereal for dinner isn't a bad idea.