Tuesday, July 29, 2008

(Breathe a huge sigh of relief here)

My friend Bri and I have been making all sorts of craftiness for years now. We have projects and mini albums for days that we have started but never finished. In fact, I think it would be safe to say we have never finished a project we have started for ourselves. But when someone comes along and hires us to do something for them, that gets finished. Go figure.


We have been making these custom wedding sign in albums for years now, and recently we were hired to make this really challenging album. I was really frustrated creatively for weeks, but last minute I think we had a spark of creativity and went running with it.
We finished it yesterday and the wedding is tomorrow. How's that for down to the wire? I like the way it turned out, and I did not think I would. The bride's colors were all different pinks, black, white and her theme is polks dots. I didn't know you were even supposed to have a theme. I guess that's why I let my mom handle my wedding decisions. I'm clueless.
Anyway, Bri and I have decided to go ahead and turn this into a full fledged business. But first thing we have to do is decide on a business name. I was thinking our initials, but seeing as BM wouldn't be all that appropriate, and our last name initials, BS, wouldn't either, that's kind of out the window. Any ideas?

10 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE it! You guys ALWAYS do an amazing job! I don't have any clever ideas for a name, but I will recommend you to everyone I know. You guys are the BEST at what you do!!!

briana said...

WWWWWWWHHHHHHEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW! (that is me breathing) =)

Amanda said...

It turned out fabulous!! So sorry I don't have any name ideas either! One day I can say, "I have one of those famous sign-in books that all the celebrities are buying!" hehe :)

Heidi P said...

Wow- That is so so cute!? Lots of work I bet.. I am not crafty girl at all--- I just get frustrated, and think, 'I could just go buy this rather than make it'. Now I know your the girl to call :)

Lisa said...

The album is amazing. You both do such awesome work.I am not creative at all but I came up with Melana Designs. ????? Good Luck!!!!

Ashley Rae said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Ok. You are on my list people who are so amazingly talented that I'm not worthy to be in their presence. That is so beautiful! Good job.
No name suggestions. I'm pretty bad at that. Hehe. It is SO cute, though.

Jen said...

That turned out gorgeous! Way to go, you guys!

I'm thinking about a name....something simple, not showing off....I'll keep thinking.

Heather said...

You both just make me sick!! :) I wish I had talent like that!!! I can't think of a name either but, I want one.... who wouldn't!!
I had so much fun with you & Bri...
can't stop laughing!!
love you so much!

Heather said...

p.s. i promise i will post something real soon... a little crazy right now!! :)

Merilee said...

Those are amazing! You have some serious talent! What a great idea. I am not good at that kind of thing at all. Your business will do great! I am horrible at business names too. I can't even think of one for my photography. sorry, I'm no help.