
I write this blog for me. It has given me something to do that doesn't involve ironing, scrubbing toilets, budgeting, diapers, vomit or other bodily fluids. It also doesn't give me the same sick feeling as I get when I am scrubbing poop out of the carpet. (and yes, that did in fact happen to me today.) Really, I think it makes me happy to write down little pieces of me and my life every day. It helps me keep in contact with friends, it has helped me make new friends.
It has also brought me to a few realizations.
#1: I tend to lean to sarcasm whenever possible.
#2: blogging gives you the chance to really know what it feels like to be a peeping tom; and a stalker.
#3: I am not as cool as I thought I was.
#4: somebody commenting on your post feels like getting an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle on Christmas morning.
So my point, is that I like this blog thing. I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I like it largely due to those of you who read it. So, thanks. Because you all have been on my mind lately, I decided to give each of you a little one liner over in my blog buddy list. And because I like y'all so much, you can let me know if you like your little tag line. If not, what do you think it should be? I am VERY open to suggestions. Also, if you are not listed on my VIP blog list, then you should come into the light and acknowledge your existence to me so that I may grace you with your very own VIP tag line. Wouldn't that just make you feel special?
8 comments:
Very funny! I love reading your blog, Mel. You have such a great way of saying things. And thanks for the compliment on my laugh. Who knew?!
That's great. I so agree about blogging and I like my tagline. Even though my nobody has changed through the years... I'm still glad that nobody loves me. Oh... by the way... while you were out.... nobody called for you.
it appears that your tagline should read: delusional, cracked out bff (who weighs one less pound than me!) older, yes. wiser? craftier? prettier? i will make the appointment. you need to be seen.
I agree. Blogging is pretty much my social life which indicates how much of a loser I am. Its a bummer when you realize your so not as cool as you thought. Just a mom, who cleans up poop and is a ham for her kids...
I love reading your blog--thanks for always making us laugh. Red Rider BB Gun...LOL. You rock Mel.
PS- I think I am just a Yoga-er wanna be.. But I love it! :)
I am laughing so hard at your tag for Steve!! Its perfect.
I think he was the drummer for a band called Korduroy too... ;) You rock Steve! Good job Mel.
Oh my gosh. Yes. I, like everyone else, love reading your blog. It's like a little ray of sunshine- with a dash of sarcasm.
I like my tagline. You're the best.
And thanks for the song/outfit advice. We'll see if they put me through. If all else fails, maybe I'll jump up on the table and start making primate mating calls.
love the tag lines. They are great. :)
I agree, I love blogging too. I love it for the journal factor. I feel like so much of my life since kids has been a blur, it's nice to have a record of what actually was going on.
I love it. Too funny. Do you still have a copy of the story? If not, I'll get you one. I'll even sign it if you want. JK.
Post a Comment