
We have survived the first month of summer. Thanks in large to the wonderful thing we like to call the backyard pool. This year even more so than in years past it has been a saving grace for my sanity and well being. It has been our daily and nightly gathering place. It has been our primary source of entertainment. Our get the wiggles out spot. Our exercise. It has been our time out after too much arguing. It has been our reward for working around the house. It has been our summer joy and this summer I have grown to love this pool with all my heart.
Having said that, I will never own a pool myself. Why? Waaaay too much work and stress and worry. The constant checking of water levels and chemical levels and vacuuming it out.... But what dislike the most about the pool is how i feel when people come over and swim. Not because I am selfish, no but thank you so much for assuming that. It's because I have a completely irrational fear of someone drowning on my watch. Even the 12 and 13 year old girls from church. I worry the most for our little monster, who has, in fact, come a little too close to drowning once this month. It was scary and horrible and everything I have feared all at once. He is fine, we are fine, but when that dang cover is off my anxiety is on high. But the pool is turning me and my kids into happier and darker versions of ourselves and we are enjoying the time we have left with the backyard pool.
So if you are calling me and I don't answer, if you are checking this blog and I am not posting, just know that I am temporarily unavailable. I am out back letting my blubbery self get some sun. Please, just take my word for it and don't come and see. Trust me, you wouldn't want to.
6 comments:
Ah yes. The joy and the pain of having a pool. My Dad has one at his house, and it's made me realize that I never want a pool. Way too much work. I also am terrified of someone drowning. We are coming over tomorrow, and I was actually feeling a little anxiety about the pool. haha. Your not the only one.
Hopefully you guys will be home and we will get to see you, and Hayden and Caleb can play. :)
sounds cool and refreshing! one great thing is that it is close and free! one small problem, you can't text from the pool, so it is hard to get in touch with you. sniff, sniff.
Fun! I love swimming. I told Jairon if I have to live in Utah and have the stupid snow, I want a pool at my house. So far, no pool. I might move in the winter!
*sigh*... I was born a fish. My daughter will soon learn that she is, too.
But I, like you, will never own a pool for the liability. I will just make sure I move into neighborhoods where my friendly neighbors have pools...
I worry about drowning too and my little ben has almost drowned this year once and last year too...so hard to make sure it is all okay...my biggest fear is just like yours.
Jealous! I want a pool, well, do and don't for the same reasons. Too scary to worry about all the time!
Post a Comment