Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dear Husband,

Valentine's Day is fast approaching and with it, the 10Th anniversary of the day you made your wisest life decision to ask for my hand in marriage. While V day has never been much of a fuss for us, I decided this year to be a little higher maintenance and expect a gift.
And because I am springing this on you last second and I understand you are a busy guy (I am so understanding; just one of the many reasons you probably adore me so much.), I have taken the liberty of making a list right here for you (thoughtful, I know, another quality I have in abundance.).

#1 - A house. Not a big one, just a normal average, run of the mill house with a garage, bath tub and kitchen. I'm not picky (again with the great qualities!).

#2 - A cool remote like the one in the movie Click that fast forwards time. Not years or anything just a matter of months, like say, three so I can have this nameless child (or He-Who-Cannot-Be Named) already.

#3 - Pretty much one of everything at our local Ikea. Because I pledge my allegiance to foreign and cheaply made furniture at cheap prices (I am loyal... does the quality list never end?).

#4 - A spot on the show Biggest Loser. Because I think it would be just a kick to let the world see exactly how fat and weak I really am. It's either that or I would like to loose massive amounts of weight in a very short time completely uninterrupted (patience, unfortunately is not a reason you love me.).

#5 - A very responsible, nice young girl who wants nothing more to do with her time than to babysit our children for free ALL THE TIME. (This gift is really for you cause I know how much you love spending time with your favorite person on the planet: moi.)

#6 - One of them new fangled digital televisions with the flat screen. Or just one without a chip in the screen that distracts me because it always looks like a bug or a very unsightly blemish on some one's face (I am just too observant for my own good sometimes.).

#7 - My very own Target. But without the annoying employees that constantly ask you, "Can I help you find something?" but really they want nothing more than for you to go your way and not ask them a thing. Ever. Because they really don't know anyway.

This is just a small, but humble sampling of ideas. I have many more where that came from (I have a large brain). I just thought it would be a good idea for you to show me just how much you love me this year.

love your sweet, thoughtful, but not at all serious wife,
mel

p.s. Although the gift thing was a joke I do have a suggestion for you. In lieu of flowers, just send a dozen 2 liters of diet coke with lime instead. It would be much appreciated. I could use a little more caffine and acid in my diet I think.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Am am laughing as I type this. You will have to let us all know what he really gets you. I hope all your dreams come true, as long as I am invited to your Target. Any girls dream come true.

Ashley Rae said...

Mkay. I hereby dub this blog the most comical of all the blogs I read. There. And every time I see that you've commented on my blog, I begin giggling before I even read it. You're that funny. You can add that to your neverending list of good qualities.

And seriously? Why stop your wish list at 7? I'm willing to put money on the fact that you want a few more things than that. Because I'm such a greedy person, my list would go on to oh, say, roughly 50. Or more. But that's because I'm a selfish female.

Heather said...

seriously, you are totally nominated. now i really want to hear about the octuplits ;)
i just love ya, no really i do.
i so hope you get the diet coke if not let me know.. i'll send ya some! i know bri will totally pull through for you... even if it is saturday morning... i hope you get a card too maybe he will get it from your new target!!! let me know! :)

aimee said...

If he happens to come through with with TV have Brian send one our way. Were still sportin the DAEWOO, perhaps you remember it from Carriage Cove. It does give off a nice humming sound.

BTW I love your post. They make me laugh and miss you all at the same time.

briana said...

see, even heather knows about the octuplets? wtc? and i must try this diet coke with lime.

Kristie said...

My personal fav is the Target request. My hubby just so happens to work for Target and is the world's best "Can I help you find something"er. I always tease him about it, but believe it or not, he is sincere and he can help you find anything your little heart desires. So just head to the So Jo Target and ask for Addison. He will make your Target dreams come true. Expect for giving you your own store thing. I've already tried that one.

Macdonalds said...

I want to know what dream came true. Do share. You are so funny!

Danielle said...

You are hilarious....how you make me laugh!