Wednesday, February 4, 2009

dictatorship

We live under the rule of one person in this house. It's not dad (trust me, he's a push over). it's definitely not mom (she gets no respect...sniff). It's not big brother. it's not big sister. We live in oppression. In absolutism. Our resident tyrant? Caleb. He dictates when we go out, where we go and how long we go for. He dictates the mood of our house, the cleanliness of said dwelling, and our general sanity. But most of all, he dictates how we spend our time.

For example, this evening's after showers past time?




Sitting on pillows criss-cross style, watching him poop in the toilet.

He announced to us after he showered that he was going to use the potty. Jonas set him on it and began to leave the room. He protested violently. He demanded Jonas to fetch a pillow and to "sit his bum down". Jonas obliged. Soon it wasn't enough to have a one man audience. He hurriedly beckoned to Hailey to come hither and do the same. She obeyed her ruler's command. I was then summoned to join the throngs of adoring pupils. I cheered along with the crowd as we were commanded to. The Tyrant was given much praise and 2 starbursts for a successful mission on the toilet. We were then allowed to disperse.

Until next time...

10 comments:

Val said...

Where did this child come from? He is so unique! What a funny little boy. So it sounds like he is potty training. How nice before the baby comes.

Heather said...

seriously i think it is #3.... Garrett is turning into calab i'm afraid of!!! :)

Amanda said...

Hooray for that poop not being in a diaper for you to change!!!

Macdonalds said...

Good luck with potty training, it sounds like Caleb has the desire, and A LOT of support. ha ha! What a silly boy. It's amazing the depth of personality some children have. I love it, even though it can be extremely exhausting sometimes.

Ashley Rae said...

You know... I love to have an audience when I'm pooping. I make my family sit down and watch me. All the time. Our dog is probably the only one who doesn't think it's strange.

Rachelle said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Still laughing. Dont' worry... we've had family poop watching parties too. Here's hoping it all come to a happy conclusion (a potty trained kid)

Barry said...

HAHA!!! This is hilarious! Love it!

Jen said...

oh my gosh, he's one silly kid! and my silly boy follows all his little stunts, so I'm in trouble.

Sarah said...

I don't see what's wrong. Isn't it totally normal to poop with the door open for all to see? I know it is that way in our home. :)

Merilee said...

that is so funny. Hayden was the opposite, we HAD to leave the room.