It's officially summer around here.
I know this for many reasons.
And because I don't have anything interesting to post about I will list them here. I also considered photo evidence but was too lazy to take the photos.
summer evidence:
1. Our front porch is littered with bikes and sidewalk chalk and jump ropes and all other various outdoor activities.
2. The pool is open and cleaned and ready.
3. Jonas received his summer buzz cut and is enjoying the bliss that comes with not having to comb his hair.
4. The library fines are paid up and the library basket is perpetually full.
5. We have begun to take advantage of happy hour at sonic. (lemon berry slush... mmmm)
6. My family gathers around the TV to watch so you think you can dance (even though we considered protesting it when the bald brother didn't make it)
7. Summer camps and memberships have been purchased. (this year it was thanksgiving point)
8. Dinner is being served later and almost 100% of our meals have something grilled. (this is just my way of having husband participation)
9. The sibling arguments have been kicked up a notch thanks to them seeing each other 24 hours a day.
10. Otter pop wrappers are everywhere. on the kitchen counter, on the coffee table, in the bathroom, pretty much everywhere but in the garbage can.
All this evidence adds up to summer. Ready or not, here it is. What's your summer evidence?
6 comments:
Good summer evidence.
Summer is here? Really? Nothing has changed for me. At all. I repeat- NOTHING. So it might as well be winter.
a house full of neighbor kids. kids outside playing after dark. sticky scissors from cutting open otter pops. late dinner. kids sleeping in. a mess of bikes, skateboards and scooters blocking the back door. and the sound of sprinklers late at night or early in the morning....just to name a few.
that i can't wait to see you real soon.
i know summer begins when i have a house full of sick kids. marlee has a fever of 103...
nate is on call & i'm home thinking what can i do to make this sunday better!! :)
i have the otter pop mess too!!
p.s. can we please talk this week!!!!
Just catching up on your blog. Sounds like a fun summer for your fam. Not much fun for us... we're moving again. Blah. Amen to the "after three you can handle anything." I'm going to bet they didn't have four! It's rough! Sounds like you've had a lot of fun in the first bit of Porter's life. It doesn't necessarily get easier... just different. Luckily your kids are a little older to help out right?! :)
You had me at lemon berry slushies! Those are the best! SYTYCD is always a sure sign it's summer..until it returns in the Fall this year.
I can't keep clothes on Sam - he is constantly getting wet outside so I need to peel them off!
I love the pic :)
Post a Comment