Tuesday, June 9, 2009

truth sayers IV

Said Hailey, [while rocking Porter, gently trying to calm her fussy baby brother]: "It's okay baby... oh, what would life be like without you? I wanted to see you so bad..."

This little sweet sentence from our resident mother in training made me pause and think. Babies are hard. Everything gets more difficult. Blogging for example has been hard these past few weeks. One little addition to our family has thrown routines out the door, created more mess, more chaos, less free hands, more diapers to change, and little to no alone time.

But in the midst of all of it we have found

a stronger family bond,
more laughter,
deeper joy,
more reflection,
tender moments,
and just a greater sense of happiness



So what would life be like without Porter? I imagine it would be the same as life without any one member of my children:

incomplete.

Oh and in case you are wondering Brian, it would be incomplete without you too.

3 comments:

Heather said...

such a sweet post... i love the pictures.

Ashley Rae said...

Aw, how sweet. I love it. Hailey is such a cute little pseudo-mother.

And p.s. I will curse you if Kennedy wishes for a baby brother. Or sister, for that matter. Just so you know.

Macdonalds said...

That is really sweet.