Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a tribute to the pacifier




As a mother of four, I have a deep devotion to pacifier. I have written about this before. I am aware that I give my kids a crutch by using them. But hey, who doesn't have a crutch? And I figure I am going to mess my kids up anyway, so why not get a little bit of a head start?
Pacifiers are necessary to a happy home for many reasons. But two of the most important are these:
A calmed baby makes for a calmed mommy and calmed siblings. One tiny peep out of our little baby has Caleb in mortal distress screaming as if his life hangs in the balance, "QUARTER IS CRYING!!! QUARTER IS CRYING!!!"
Pacifiers also help other people watching the baby calm him. And I do so much need other people to watch my baby on occasion.

Much to my dismay, Porter did not feel love pacifier love right away. My dismay turned to horror as he flat refused the paci. But i remained calm and bought paci after paci, confident that we would find the right fit for him.
we did.
Thank you, Mam company. And may you be blessed in your paci making endeavors.

6 comments:

briana said...

oh yes, the beloved "mute" button. i have to admit though the thumb beats all pacis hands down, no searching or losing EVER! glad you found one that worked! for your sake oh and the baby's too!

Ashley Rae said...

lol- i love it. Pacis are life-savers. And sanity-savers.

Heather said...

i love "quarter crying"... i love the paci too. oh i can't wait to hold him sooooooo soon.

xo

Val said...

What would life be like without the paci? We love it at our house as well. Has Caleb had a hard time with "Quarter" being the baby now?

Val said...

I just noticed that you are now a mother of FOUR and need to make the change on your profile:) It is crazy to think you have four kids!

Merilee said...

Haha, "Quarter" That is too funny!