
So cute.
So fun.
So loved.
He has started doing that thing that all little babies do that every mother hates:

Grow.
And with no camera, I have not been recording it, well.
So I decided to dedicate an entire post to things I love about Porter at this moment in his life right now at 14.5 months.
His teeth.
There is never another time in life where having four teeth is a cute thing. But on babies, acceptable. And SO adorable.
His singing talents.
Porter's career is still getting off the ground, and by off the ground, I mean he can only sing the chorus of Neon Tree's "animal", but every single time I hear that "uh-oh, I want some more.." I want to squeeze the life out of him...
in a good way.
His athleticism.
We recently bought Porter his first pair of shoes. I am one of those weird moms who doesn't buy stuff that has no use....like shoes for a baby that doesn't walk. So once he started to walk, we lazily took our time picking out the perfect pair. Once we put those shoes on his feet, he understood we were giving him permission to run. And he has taken it. And I love watching it.
ALL DAY LONG.
The mark he leaves on the world.
I always know where Porter has been. He leaves evidence everywhere. Pacifiers, dripping bottles, kitchen utensils, drool. All lovingly placed there for me.
His curiosity.
Mainly, with toilets. This one isn't actually something I love. But, to Porter, toilets are the way God has shown his love to the world. I tend to agree with his line of thinking, but I don't however love to bath myself in them.
His determination.
For example, Porter loves to climb the table. He loves for me to find him standing on top of the table yelling his celebratory cry, which is his version of "I'm the king of the world!"
His love for Dad.
Porter is like a dog. He can sense when Brian is due home. At that time of day he walks from door to door pathetically and constantly asking me, "Da Da go go?" Which in English means, "Shouldn't dad be getting home soon?"
I love him. We all do. And even though, at 14 months, he is working hard to test that love, it's still there.
Unconditional.
But I do have a problem with the other three children who refuse to shut bathroom doors and flush the toilet.
2 comments:
What fun thoughts about your little guy. I'm with you on the toilet flush thing by the way. Why can no one flush toilets? why?
ok all i can think about at the moment is cute little lexi and the whole poop incident. ugh! tell me that didn't happen to port o port.
Post a Comment