Today, my husband is 33.
In case you were wondering, he is pretty amazing.
How is that, you ask?
Let me expound:
Reason #1 - for one thing, he has weathered the storm of being a full time husband, a full time father, a full time student, and a full time employee...
all at the SAME TIME.
I know I always come back to that and Brian has been officially graduated for a year now, but it was pretty freaking amazing. I mean those of you who have done any of those things knows how hard it is to do each one individually. Those who have done them at the same time know that it takes super human strength. And while I admit it took some pretty hefty strength of my own to make it through those days, most of the crap was always on his shoulders.
Reason #2 - He puts up with me. That sentence really doesn't deserve further explanation if you know me. If you don't, read on: I am obnoxious. And I am dorky. And I have been known to state my opinion when it is not desired.
Reason #3 - He lets me correct him. A lot. You see, Brian has a tendancy to sing the wrong lyrics to songs. Like 85% of the time. And I just cannot let a lyric be incorrect... I can't. I even have to correct him on the lyrics to his own songs on occassion. I think all that schooling and work really did a number on his brain.
Reason #4 - He eats my food. He eats it and compliments it. Like it is really good or something. Really, the mere fact he eats my food should tell you he loves me. He has an issue with eating people's food. He can't just go to a pot luck and dig in, because what if someone's kitchen is dirty? What if they didn't wash their hands? What if they sneezed right into the cookie dough? Those thoughts are more than his stomach can handle.
Reason #5- He is a present father. He is there. In the middle of all the action. And he loves it. He is so good to them. He is their teacher, their playmate, their friend, and their student. He respects them as people. Real ones. Because that is what they are.
Reason #6 - He brings milk home for me. He calls me on his way home almost every day to see if I need anything from the store. For those of you with a small army of children, you know how there is always something you need, and you also know that packing them all up to head to the store for one thing, just isn't going to happen.
Reason #7 - He works. Like, Hard. No, he isn't a workaholic and he isn't just madly in love with his job. He does it for us. For me and the kids. He works hard and long hours and never complains. Even when he works weekends. I, however, make up for his lack of complaining. Mostly in my head. But sometimes it slips out. And he still understands.
For these things, and for countless other things, I love him.
And you should too.
4 comments:
OOOOOOOh, trust me we do. all of us!!! if i remember right my kids call him "uncle" brian!!!
Happy birthday!!!!! hope you have a wonderful day!!!! you deserve it!
We LOVE you Brian!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Wow 33! That came fast. I hope it was a great Birthday. You are an awesome guy and you have an amazing family.
reasons i love bri:
#1 he never forgets how to say my name.
#2 he sometimes gives up his time with her and gives it to me.
#3 he knows how much i weigh and still likes me.
#4 he lets me steal apart of special family moments like baby births and baby blessings and family life inside their home to keep for myself.
#5 he keeps my birthday secrets, my christmas secrets, and plays along with my silly surprises.
#6 he has seen my ugly cry and doesn't judge me.
#7 he listens to a little country.
and mel loves him, so i love him.
happy birthday bri!
Post a Comment