Friday, February 4, 2011

January


January is such a lame month. It's always a month that flies by in a flurry of nothingness. Not much gets done, and not much happens. 

We drank hot chocolate.



We encouraged our baby to be a mindless gaming human.




We made stuff.





We went to church.





We casted a lot of spells.





We did our best to impress the dad with our mad mario kart skills.






We made new alter egos: Peter Parker, Spiderman, and Harry Potter.




And we curled up on the couch in our warm house to do the things we never get around to doing:





And some things we do too much of:





Oh, and we made life altering decisions:


When I add that all up, I can honestly say it was a great January. 

But I can also still say, Bring on February! 

But mostly March. (hello spring!)

7 comments:

Heather said...

oh my heck i'm in love with all the pictures!!!!

::love the wreath
::love your cute little face
::what are you making that looks so cute??
::we love mario cart too
:: i can't believe hailey is 8!!!
what a beautiful girl!!!!

briana said...

once again no picture of us celebrating my birthday. what is wrong with us? we have no pictures and we have been friends FOREVER. this. is. a. problem. do you hear the words that are coming out of my mouth? ok not that i want one blasted all over cyber space. but it just got me thinking you know. sigh.

briana said...

oh and by the way, i like the new blog header. now i just can't see the date...can you make it darker for my old eyes? thank you.

signed,

the thirty six? year old who needs dentures and possibly glasses.

Ashley Rae said...

Happy january! Um - that wreath is very cool. I really don't believe you made it. Stop lying.

And I just finished reading The Forgotten Garden. Good book.

Jen said...

Yay for Hailey's baptism!

And I love your stack of books - have I ever told you I try to get the books you recommend on that book website (it's name just slipped my mind!) and read them. Thanks for reading so I can, too!

I LOVE your wreath! Amanda said she's making one, too. Is it time-consuming?

Macdonalds said...

It's been a while, I needed to catch up on your cute family! I love the wreath! I can't believe Hailey is 8!Congrats to Hailey!
Your kids are so fun, probably because they have one awesome mom! January is my month for hot chocolate for sure, it is warm, delicious and temporarily satisfying for the gloomy yucky unpredictable weather!

Michelle C said...

Love your wreath!!! How did you make it?