Thursday, March 31, 2011

it's everywhere

I looked around my house this morning.

There were annoyances in every room.

Hailey's laundry that I lovingly washed dried and folded was still not put away.
The boys room was a mess.
I almost tripped over a basketball on the stairs:


There was caravan of vehicles on almost every surface:


An empty sippie cup lay abandoned on the kitchen floor:


Breakfast sloppily consumed, but left for me to clean:



Books strewn around the library floor:



shoes laying in the middle of the playroom:



Breakfast toast on the library couch:




And a backpack plopped by the front door and left there all night long:



I started to get annoyed.
Kids: Professionals in the art of mess making.
Does it even cross their minds to pick up after themselves?

Then I stopped.
Took a deep breath.
Did some meditating. (not really, but wouldn't I be so much cooler if I had?)

And I realized.
I remembered.
All that mess means childhood is alive in my house.


And that is something I am grateful for.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for that.

Heather said...

that looks just about right. EEEEEK it makes me so frustrated. i feel like it is ground hog day everyday. Is that bad??? no. but, pick up your frick.frackin.backpack & wet towel off the floor. O.k. i guess i need to go takes some deep breaths. this post did not help me out today cause i feel the same way but, i guess i need to be positive like you!!!!!! o.k. i think i am done breathing.... ;)

briana said...

Sniff