Recently, This boy turned two:
That gave our little family a chance to reflect on what he means to our family. He provides so much entertainment, as do all toddlers.
He makes us laugh.
He is a sponge for learning. He shocks all of us with the stuff he picks up from watching us.
I love how he, inspired by his older brother, drives his cars to a soundtrack in his head:
His cars move to the sounds of Porter humming Indiana Jones theme song or the Harry Potter theme song.
I love that his cars speak to each other.
While cooking dinner in the kitchen, I get to listen to him play in the library. Without fail one car will drive up to the other and say, "Hey. How's your day?" And then proceed to crash violently with one another.
I love/hate that cars rule his life, which means we are overrun with cars.
They are everywhere.I am half convinced they are breeding because the collection just seems to grow.
They really hurt to step on.
But I can't help but love it, when I see him so carefully line them up in the order that only makes sense to him.
Cars mean EVERYTHING right now.
The boy is growing. His personality is blossoming.
And the crazy boy behavior is flooding our hearts.
He wrestles.
He spits.
He bites.
He laughs at burps.
He hugs
He kisses.
He cuddles.
He fills our home with happiness.
Most of the time, anyway.





2 comments:
so much comes to mind. in that last picture, i see jonas. i don't know why. i just do. i also think no matter how old they get, when they are the last, they always will be "the baby." i remember how caleb used to line his cars up the same way. super cute. love boys. and two? really? like lightening. doesn't seem right. happy birthday porter max.
i love the name porter. i always have. he is such a love. i want to come squeeze him. there is NO way he.is.2.just.no.way. he is all.boy. i agree with bri. i totally see jonas. iam sad that i miss these parties. all i can say is he is such a cutie!
Post a Comment