Wednesday, May 25, 2011

my plans for today

I don't cry much.
For a girl.
It just seems like with girls, their emotions are connected to their tear ducts.
In most cases, I am just not that way.
I don't know, but it could have something to do with growing up in a house with 5 brothers.


But at home, after I put the kids to bed for the night, I sit down and turn Oprah on.

And I cry.

I swear I have shed more tears watching episodes of Oprah than I have at any other time in my life.

I cry over the sad stories.
I cry over the reunions.
I cry over people getting surprised.
I cry when people are given life changing things.
I cry over people overcoming overwhelming obstacles.
I cry/laugh over people loosing their minds with excitement.

I have learned watching Oprah.
I have laughed.
I have cried.
I have had my eyes opened.

There just isn't another show on television like it.

So today, I will watch the last episode of Oprah,

And I am fairly confident tears will be involved.

4 comments:

Heather said...

OH my heck me too. me too!!!!! i heart her. nate on the other hand... well i won't say it on your blog!!! ;)
happy anniversary! that is something to cry over too!!! :)

Ashley Rae said...

Um... yeah, I'm one of those who cries at commercials on TV. I cry watching nearly every disney movie. I'm a freaking wuss. Oprah? I've never watched a full episode in my life. I don't know if we can be friends anymore.

Although- happy anniversary. That's awesome :)

Anonymous said...

Oprah is the devil.

briana said...

the end of an era. and i am in denial.