Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Boy Does Own Pants

First of all let me say, it is not easy to get a shot of this little one that is not blurry. Partly, yes, because of the crap camera I have mentioned before, but mostly due to the fact he is rarely still. Now, Brian is always the first to comment on Caleb's lack of wearing pants in pictures. To my credit, he almost always begins the day wearing pants, but he either takes them off, or won't sit still long enough after the diaper change for me to put them back on. And as a mother, you know you have to choose your battles. And wearing pants is frankly just not that high on my priority scale. So this is how he looks. A lot. To be honest though, I love his little legs. They are loosing the baby chub, getting longer and thinning out. I look at this picture and it makes me see how he is becoming a boy right before my eyes. I mean, I am trying to not even blink this time around and it is still just happening so fast. I still hang on to calling him my baby. I am one of those mothers. And I am still counting his age in months. Sorry. I can't help it. I have never been good with change. And my babies growing up and leaving babyhood behind is one of those changes that are hard for me to accept.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love your blog!!!!! Yeah my mom's computer is up & running!!
Marlee hated wearing clothes....& still does!!
It was so good to talk with you! Lets try to get together!

love ya

talk to you soon!

Heather said...

missed seeing you!!! hope all is well! I'll call soon... you know the whole unpacking thing???? :)

Anonymous said...

Where are you? I have had fun reading your blog and can't wait to see what is coming next. Lisa

Unknown said...

i was so happy and surprised to hear from you on our blog. your cute little family is growing. can't believe how much jonas looks like brian. hope you guys are doing well. we would love you see you guys before we move. yes we are having a girl---only a few weeks left. talk to you soon.
aimee

tiffany marie said...

Hey Mel, what are you doing putting me on your blog and not even saying hi?!! How was Good Wood that night we saw you. hee hee. You are an adorable mom!

Nick Park said...

This is how I'm used to seeing him. :)